10 Apartment Ideas For Guys
These ten apartment ideas for guys are meant to make a man's apartment more appealing to women, easy to maintain and completely masculine. A man's apartment should be comfortable enough for his buddies to come hang out at while having just the right ambience to make a woman want to come back for more.
- Let it look lived in. A man who has an immaculate apartment may feel good about all the chores being done, but a woman who comes over might want to see some signs that the apartment is lived in. For one thing, she might be dying to help out in that area. She may also be intimidated by a man who appears to be a bit obsessive about the cleaning thing.
- Use a laundry cabinet. This is a cabinet that looks like a table, but has a laundry basket inside. Let's face it, no one wants to see your dirty laundry and you don't want to have a pretty pink laundry basket on display.
- Stock necessities. Maybe you don't need toilet paper every time you use the bathroom in your apartment, but you can bet any woman will. Make sure you at least keep basic necessities like that handy.
- Use dimmer switches. Dimmer switches are great for creating ambience. When the guys are around, you can have the lights going full blast, but when you have a lady friend over, you can easily create atmosphere by dimming the switch.
- Use top hung picture frames. If you really have to have pictures of half nude women on the wall, use top hung picture frames so that you can flip those pictures before a lady friend comes over.
- Accent with color. If you have a completely masculine apartment with greys and browns, use simple pillows with colored stripes, or even striped rugs to give the place a bit of color without appearing to be frilly.
- Protect against odor. Air fresheners that stick to things are perfect for the inside of garbage cans and laundry baskets. Use fragranced candles for ambience and odor control. If you aren't fond of candles, try using incense. It's masculine and allows you to add scent without adding light.
- Get a shower maid. If you're like most men, cleaning the bath tub isn't something you want to take time out for. A shower maid sticks to the wall of your shower. After each shower, you simply press a button and the maid cleans the tub for you. You can have a clean tub without any effort.
- Hang some photos up. If you have children, they are going to want to see photos of themselves on your wall. If not, use photos of your friends at different events to create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere.
- Make your apartment welcoming to guests. Walking into a man's apartment who only has one recliner for the furniture to sit on won't just dissuade guests from ever coming over, it will make you look like a sad little hermit. Avoid this if you ever want repeat guests. On the other hand, if you like being antisocial, just use a wooden crate for your only piece of furniture.