10 Apartment Living Room Decorating Ideas
Here are 10 apartment living room decorating ideas. Decorating your living room can be a huge task, you have to live with it everyday, your friends see it, your family sees it, that person you’re trying to impress sees it. It becomes a visible extension of your personality.
- Lamp Focus your room around a lamp. You can find dozens of unique lamps in dozens of designs, traditional, modern, character, theme, and etc. Build your room around a lamp you adore.
- Rug Find a rug that really ties the room together, dude. They come in every size and design imaginable. You can pick a rug or a set of colors and use a rug to balance it all.
- Coffee Table Pick a coffee table you like and build around it. You can pick an Asian style table or an old fashioned oak one and open up dozens of different ideas. What’s on the coffee table is another way to tie a room together.
- Bookcase Books are a window to the soul. What you read plays a big part in who you are and they always deserve center stage. Focusing around a bookcase doesn’t have to be a staunchly traditional look either; you can find all kinds of bookcases in many places in shapes you would never have figured could actually hold books.
- Couch The original. You can get a nice, fancy looking couch but it tends to defeat the purpose when you can’t sit on it. The couch is the most common item used to decorate a living room and to base the decorating theme around. It’s a good choice if you don’t want a bunch of smaller items cluttering the room.
- Chair The second most common item used to decorate a living room. There are just as many kinds of chairs as there are couches, lamps, and rugs. Find a luxury recliner or an edgy modern make that you can create a room around.
- Color Pick your favorite color, paint the walls, find a couch, a rug, curtains, anything you want and work your living room around that. Just make sure you’re no using too much of one color and that your colors match.
- Theme Pick a theme you like. Traditional, Asian, cartoon, something you, at the very least, don’t mind looking at everyday. Themes like relaxation, desert, sea, and others make good themes for a living room.
- Window If your living room has a big window over looking something and let’s a lot of light in focus the room about that. Pick some nice curtains or a nice wood frame and build out from there.
- Picture/Posters If you have a favorite picture or poster you can use that as the base of your decorating. Find similar prints for all around the room or movie posters from the same genre. The theme that comes with it or the colors in it.
You can also use any of these as a pair or all of them if you can find things that match.