Looking for a list of 10 bad break up songs? Great! Here are break up songs that you might be able relate to if you've just had a bad break up. These songs listed below may make you feel quite cheesy while listening to the lyrics when not in break up mode.
- "Here's a Quarter (Call Someone Who Cares)" – Travis Tritt. Ah, this song is so cheesy but it's actually quite true. The title says it all, and while the title may be true, it still is one of the worst break up songs because of the one-liner "call someone who cares".
- "You'll Think of Me" – Keith Urban. This would actually be a good break up song is it wasn't for the fact, that he seems almost happy or at least peaceful while he sings this song. Break up songs are suppose to be very depressing or angry, but not peaceful and thoughtful.
- “Achy Breaky Heart” – Billy Ray Cyrus. While country songs are notorious for whiny heartbreak songs, Billy Ray just makes us want to line dance with a broken heart. This song seems a little too upbeat for a sad break up song.
- “(I Just) Died in Your Arms” – Cutting Crew. While someone play this as an anthem for heartbroken songs, I believe this is best for a post-break up 'I got over you phase' instead of actually breaking up. The song is somewhat upbeat and the lyrics are not what you would be singing if you just got dumped.
- "I Will Survive" – Gloria Gaynor. While this is great for karaoke at a bar night, not the best for breaking up. Yes, the song does have it's empowering lyrics, but really now, who plays this and feels better instantly after getting dumped? Not many people.
- "My Heart Will Go On" – Celine Dion. This song is too depressing to start with, and to make this a break up song is even worse. This song was only good for the "Titanic" and will never be of use accept for at a funeral.
- "You Were Meant for Me" – Jewel. Jewel may have some amazing vocals, but this song shouldn't count as a break up song at all. This song sounds too much like a love song still to listen to while heartbroken. If anything, it will make you want to break things even more.
- "Burn" – Usher. While Usher makes groovy hits, this song may make you more depressed. By expressing what you already feel, you don't feel much like just 'letting it burn', sometimes you feel like watching everything burn.
- "Love Stinks" – J. Geils Band. This song isn't very therapeutic in any way except for telling you what you already feel. It's not filled with any heartfelt emotion.
- “Cry Me a River” – Justin Timberlake. Love it or hate it, it doesn't make your mood change at all, and if it does, it's probably for the worst with anger. The lyrics don't match up emotion with the rappish beat of the song.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.