10 Beach Holiday Destinations
Here are 10 of the best beach holiday destinations. Everyone loves to travel during the holidays and beaches are always one of the most popular destinations. These are some of the best in the world.
- Kauai It’s an island, so obviously there are dozens of beaches. Kauai is known as the jungle island and is not as popular (as of yet) as the other islands. Kauai has several types of beaches, some for surfing, some full of tidal pools, some for camping, you can find something for everyone. Because there is so much to see nothing is always insanely over populated.
- Barbados Yes, this is where Rhianna is from, but it also has some very nice beaches. In the North you can see sandstone and coral cliffs rise straight out of the ocean, doted with sheltered coves. On the East the beaches are wind blown, perfect for surfing. In the South and the West you can walk for miles.
- Ireland Okay, so it’s not warm, but Ireland’s coast is world famous for it’s beauty. Romantic year round, you can walk, hike, go horseback riding, you can check out castles, arts festivals, golf, spa, and a dozen other things. You might not get to wear your bathing suit but you can curl up in front of a fireplace with an Irish coffee and an Irish lad ;-)
- Anglesey Situation in the North of Wales, separated from the mainland by the Menai Straight, it might not be a warm island beach, but it’s one to see none the less. It has a stunning coastal path guaranteed to take your breath away and is full of incredible history, boasting some of the oldest historical sites in the world. Romance wise, you can hand crafted Welsh Love Spoons, which were used just as rings are today and usually have several symbols for luck carved on them. They are unbelievably romantic and something different.
- Sardinia Boasting beaches far superior to anything on Italy’s mainland, they are white, the water is clean, and they usually aren’t over populated.
- Crete It has long been famous for its beautiful beaches. There are plenty of things to do, watersports, food, and of course the 75 beaches, all of which are Blue Flag beaches. It’ll be nearly impossible to pick which one to spend your trip on, so visit a few!
- Zante Though many people haven’t heard of it yet, it’s something to look at it you are planning a holiday vacation to a beach. Zante’s beaches are perfect for sunbathing, sports, swimming and full of cliffs, wildlife, hidden coves, and clear water.
- The Algarve These beaches are famous for their character and unique features that set them apart from other world beaches. Its beaches have rock formations and limestone cliffs and there are enough different types to ensure you can find something you like to do.
- Majorca With 250 miles of coastline, it’s perfect for family vacations, there really is something for everyone. There are coves, bays, and everything in between. If you want to getaway with your family or you don’t want to spend the entire time on the beach, this is definitely the place to go.
- Canary Islands Famed for their white beaches and beautiful scenery. Tenerife has beautiful mountains, valleys, and black sand beaches, and is the largest of the islands, but it’s not the only one. Make sure you see as much as you can.
For more information, check out: