10 Beach Party Ideas
Need ten beach party ideas? Surf, sand and sun are the perfect ingredients to a great beach party. However, for more inspiration on hosting on a seaside get-together, look no further-these ten beach party ideas will make any beach party a blast!
- Play! Whether it's packing a few pails and shovels or setting up a beach volleyball court, a surefire beach party idea that will get everyone involved is to have some fun and organize an activity.
- Cheers! Every party needs beverages. Some beaches don't allow alcohol, so for a fun beach party idea, pack homemade sun tea, fresh fruit juice and lots of bottled water.
- A light menu. When serving food under the hot sun, keep guests happy by serving fresh fruit, salads, small finger sandwiches (made without mayo), or bring the fixings for a barbecue.
- Safety first. One simple beach party idea that will keep everyone content is packing a small first-aid safety kit with extra sunscreen, bug repellant, antiseptic spray, and bandages.
- Shelter. A little bit of shade from the sun will be appreciated by guests-rent a covered cabana or bring a few sturdy umbrellas.
- Tunes. No need to disrupt everyone on the beach, but having some fun music is always an easy beach party idea.
- Take a seat. Provide comfortable seating for guests, like large terrycloth blankets, lounge chairs or outdoor pillows.
- Just in case. Be sure to set up the party within proximity to an active lifeguard, just in case.
- Parking. Also try to find a beach that has plenty of available parking-guests will really appreciate this beach party idea.
- Plan B. The weather is always unpredictable, so the most important beach party idea is having a back-up plan. If rainy, cold conditions are going to put a damper on the festivities, it's always a good idea to have a plan B.
Posted on: Mar. 10, 2010