These 10 beach party songs are all about creating a vibe that is mellow and full of joy with hints of a vintage vibe. Like the beach parties of yesteryear, music plays a key role in how the party will go, but hopefully no aliens will come flying out of the sky while The Monkeys are playing.
- "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding This classic Motown hit is what mellow music is all about. Casual whistling and sound bites of the ocean give the perfect ambience for a beach party. Otis Redding's voice also plays a major role in relaxing the soul.
- "Soak Up the Sun" by Sheryl Crow "Soak Up the Sun" has the surfer flare that only Sheryl Crow could offer. "I'm gonna tell everyone to lighten up" gives the right vibe for a great beach party. Its guitar riffs add to the casual joy the song it offers.
- "Stir It Up" by Bob Marley You can't have a proper beach party without Bob Marley. This song melts away any stress that the mainland would cause. This song instantly makes your body sway back and forth in release, which is great for a beach party song.
- "Margaritaville" by Jimmy Buffett Jimmy Buffett is synonymous with beach parties. His classic song, "Margaritaville," is as cool as the song's title. This song is about heartache and the curing nature of a beach with a good drink.
- "Good Vibrations" by The Beach Boys To pick up the pace for a beach party, "Good Vibrations" has a great beat. The sound of The Beach Boys is only to be expected at a serious beach party. Their doo-op vocals keep things light and fun!
- "Boyfriend" by Best Coast Using a lot of reverberation in their sound, Best Coast tips their hat to the sounds of California surfer music. "Boyfriend" is about unrequited love. It's casual in nature and has an amazing guitar solo that helps with being a great peach party song.
- "Vacation" by The Go Go's Beach and vacation go together like peas and carrots. The Go Go's sing about how great vacation can be. Their happy sound mixed with a bit of '80s thrill makes for the perfect recipe for a beach party song.
- "Wipe Out" by The Surfaris The rapid beat of the drums and the quick guitar riffs are The Surfaris' ode to beach parties. "Wipe Out" has been used in more surf movies than you can count. The best part is the words are super easy to memorize.
- "La Bamba" by Richie Valens This song has the heat of Latin America. It's filled with flare and that classic surfer guitar song. The beat is full of life and will make your beach party just as lively.
- "Pump It" by The Black Eyed Peas This song is the perfect hybrid of classic surfer music mixed with modern techno beats. Its horn blaring in the background also adds a sense of Latin flare. The Black Eyed Peas also add their own flavor of hip-hop to the song, making it a deathly combination for any beach party.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.