If you plan on visiting California sometime in the near future and own a dog then you’re definitely going to need to know about the 10 beaches for dogs in California. From Huntington Dog Beach to Trinidad Moonstone Beach, there are many excellent beaches for dogs to enjoy in sunny California.
- Huntington Dog Beach. Huntington Dog Beach, located along the Pacific Coast Highway between Seapoint Street and Golden West Street, is one of the best beaches for dogs in California. This leash-free beach is family-friendly so be prepared to bring along a few paper bags and a scooper to clean up after your dog, if the occasion arises.
- Ocean Beach Dog Beach. Located in San Diego, Ocean Beach Dog Beach is another excellent beach for dogs in California. This leash-free beach features clean, clear waters, gentle rolling waves and warm, soft sand. If you’re dog isn’t the friendly type then you might now want to take him to this particular beach as hundreds of dogs visit per day, especially on the weekends.
- Long Beach Dog Beach. Long Beach Dog Beach is Los Angeles only off-leash dog beach. Located along the Belmont Shore, Long Beach or “Dog Zone” as it’s often referred, only allows one dog per human. If you’re looking for a beach that boasts great scenery and friendly faces then this is the perfect beach for you and your pup to enjoy.
- Carmel City Beach. There are many “Carmel” beaches located in California yet the Carmel City Beach is one of the best beaches for dogs in California. Dogs are allowed off-leash at this particular beach as long as they are friendly and under good control. Located at the end of Ocean Avenue, Carmel City Beach features a family-friendly atmosphere and peaceful, natural landscapes.
- Manchester State Park. If you’re looking for a “nature-friendly” beach to take your dog to then the Manchester State Park Beach is the perfect beach for you. Manchester State Park, located in Mendocino, features sand dunes, flat grasslands, streams and a gorgeous beach front view. Dogs must stay on a leash at all times at this particular beach.
- San Francisco Baker Beach. If you ever find yourself in the San Francisco Bay area of California be sure to take your pup to Baker Beach, located near the Golden Gate Recreation Area. Keep in mind that dogs are only allowed off-leash at the northern end of the beach.
- Trinidad Moonstone Beach. Located along the northern coast of California, Trinidad Moonstone Beach is another popular beach for dogs in California. When attending this beach with your dog always be sure to keep your dog in sight as it can get pretty crowded.
- Caspar Beach. Located on California’s northern coast approximately four miles north of Mendocino, Caspar Beach is a great beach to walk with your dog. While dogs must stay on a leash at all times, it’s still a great beach to take you pup as the atmosphere is peaceful, the water cool and the sand warm.
- Dillon Beach. Dillon Beach welcomes dogs of all breeds and sizes. Located an approximate one hour drive north of San Francisco, Dillon Beach is a leash-free dog haven. Be sure not to let your dog get too far into the water as the currents can be a bit strong at this particular beach.
- Leo Carrillo State Park Beach. Another one of the best beaches for dogs in California is the Leo Carrillo Beach, located in Malibu, California. All friendly dogs are allowed on the Leo Carrillo State Park Beach as long as they are on a leash at all times. This particular beach features crystal-clear waters, soft sand and lush greenery, making it one of the few beaches in California perfect for dog and man alike to enjoy.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!