10 Beautiful Italian Actresses
It’s not easy to create the perfect list of ten beautiful Italian actresses. Italian women are known for their beauty, sex appeal, and fashion sense. But any list of beautiful Italian women would have to include these ten actresses. Ranging in age from their 30's to their 70's, these lovely women are film and stage actresses, directors, fashion models, authors, and screen legends.
- Monica Belluci. Among other films, Monica Belluci is known for her role opposite Bruce Willis in the 2003 film, “Tears of the Sun.” You may also remember her as Magdalen in the 2004 epic, “The Passion of the Christ.” This talented actress and fashion model, 45, is considered one of the most beautiful women in the world.
- Asia Argento. Asia Argento, 34, is an Italian actress, film director, short story writer, and novelist. Born into a family of movie-makers, Argento is one of the most sought-after actresses today. Her film career took off in 1992 with “Close Friends.” Ten years later, the action thriller “xXx” gave her bombshell status as a sexy government agent, opposite Vin Diesel.
- Giovanna Mezzogiorno. Giovanna Mezzogiorno, 35, is an Italian theater and film actress. Like Argento, Mezzogiorno grew up in a family of actors. She became an Italian TV star in the late 1990's before moving to theater and film. Her international star rose in 2005 with “La Bestia Nel Cuore (Don’t Tell),” earning her a prestigious “Coppa Volpi” award.
- Maria Grazia Cucinotta. Maria Grazia Cucinotta is well-known in Italy as a television and movie actress. But the voluptuous Cucinotta, 42, is most famous for her role in the 1994 Oscar-winner, “Il Postino,” and as a Bond girl in “The World is Not Enough” (1999).
- Elisabetta Canalis. One of Italy’s most beautiful young women, Elisabetta Canalis is a fashion model and actress. She enjoyed minor roles in “Deuce Bigelow: European Gigolo” (2005) and “Virgin Territory” (2007). Canalis, 31, is the girlfriend of American actor and consummate bachelor, George Clooney.
- Caterina Murino. Caterina Murino is the beautiful Italian actress best known for her role as Solange, one of three Bond girls opposite Daniel Craig in the 2006 film “Casino Royale.” Murino, 32, is also a singer, model, and dancer. Her dancing talents include tango, flamenco, and oriental dance.
- Manuela Arcuri. Manuela Arcuri, 33, is an Italian actress and fashion model. Arcuri is best known for her roles in Italian television and film. She has been romantically linked to Italian football star Francesco Totti.
- Ornella Muti. Ornella Muti, 55, is a lovely Italian actress who modeled as a teenager. Her film debut was a role in the 1970 film, “The Most Beautiful Wife.” In 1994, “Class” magazine named Muti the most beautiful woman in the world. Although most of her work involves Italian films, she has appeared in American films, including the 1992 comedy, “Once Upon a Crime.”
- Giulietta Masina. The late Giulietta Masina, 73, was a beautiful Italian film and stage actress. She starred in several award-winning films in the 1950s. Many of her Italian films were directed by her husband, Federico Fellini. Masina is sometimes called the “female Chaplin” for her intense performances. She died in 1994, just a few months after her husband.
- Sophia Loren. Sophia Loren is the most famous of the beautiful Italian actresses. Loren, 75, is known for her popular film roles in the 1950s and 1960s. Hollywood’s curviest sex symbol has won fifty international awards, including two Oscars. Loren is one of the top female screen legends of all time. Her films include “The Pride and the Passion” (1957), “El Cid” (1961), “Man of La Mancha” (1972), and “Grumpier Old Men” (1995).