E-commerce has become the leading way to buy and sell in the world, and 10 benefits of e-commerce are easy to see.
- Unlimited target market By selling your goods and services online, your target market goes from your door all the way around the world.
- Convenience of buying Consumers no longer need to leave the comfort of their own home to buy goods. They can go shopping right from their home computer, and many vendors offer free shipping.
- Convenience of selling These days, a storefront is not necessary. As long as a business is able to store their goods in their home, an online buyer can order it, and the seller can send it from any post office. Payments can be made by credit or debit card online, so sellers and buyers never have to meet face to face for a transaction to occur.
- Increased marketing tools As opposed to marketing solely by word of mouth, business cards, brochures, and print advertising, e-commerce allows for e-mail newsletters, websites, blogs, search engine ads, and numerous other marketing tools that can significantly increase sales. Not only can sellers market online, printed marketing tools can be created online, such as business cards that are sent to your door, that you can design yourself.
- Work from home The boom in e-commerce allows more people to work from home than ever before. People who once had to struggle for a job can now stay home and sell their goods or services from their home office.
- Dicounted prices Because of sites like Ebay, Etsy, and Amazon, people can sell their used items for usually much less than they paid, helping them get extra cash and helping the consumer pay less than full price.
- Electronics Because of e-commerce, people can buy digital music, movies, and even books (e-books or digital books to an electronic reading device) for less cost and effort than going to a store, and have them available immediately.
- Online banking Direct deposit to online banks eliminates the need to go to a brick and mortar bank, and purchases can be made directly online.
- Secure payment sites Sites like Paypal offer the ability to safely and securely buy and sell online without risking the compromise of your credit card number or bank information.
- Unlimited selection for consumer Because of the vast array of sellers online, a consumer can immediately find exactly what they are looking for, or design it themselves.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …