These 10 benefits of marathon running far outweigh the downsides such as back aches, legs cramps, sore feet and soaking wet clothes at the end of a long run. With marathons held throughout the year and found just about anywhere you look, there is no doubt that the sport will become even more popular. So without further ado, here are our top ten benefits of marathon running:
- It makes it easy to stay fit. It’s a fun way to spend some time and those who run consistently can maintain a healthy weight and fitness level. This is probably the biggest of benefits of marathon running.
- You can do it anywhere. You don’t have to worry about when the gym will be open or if the kids will sleep in long enough to leave you alone for some exercise time in the morning. You can grab a jog any time of day and just about anywhere you can walk.
- You can control your blood pressure. Running is an excellent way to keep blood pressure low and stabilized, another big one on the list of benefits of marathon running.
- You’ll have powerful lungs, and it keeps you from smoking. It’s hard to be a smoker who can run a marathon, so gaining lung strength keeps a lid on the smokes for most people.
- You can’t beat the rush afterwards. Most runners find the adrenaline rush to be something that keeps them coming back. It’s a natural high that’s addictive.
- It will keep your diet in check. This is one of the benefits of marathon running that many people find very valuable because it’s hard to keep a proper diet. Runners don’t do well on high fat diets because it makes them sluggish. Eating a healthy diet comes easier.
- You have a chance to help others. Probably the most important on the list of benefits of marathon running, many marathons fundraise for good causes, so running in them supports their causes tremendously.
- You lessen your risk for a heart attack. People who run more than 50 miles per week lessen their risk of a heart attack, more so the older you are.
- You can be a good role model. Running teaches children and even other adults how important it is to take care of yourself.
- You’ll be around for your grandchildren. Hey, let’s face it. If you stay fit you’ll live longer, and that means you will have more time to enjoy your grandkids!
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.