There are many advantages to doing Pilates, the fitness method created by Joseph Pilates in the early 1900s, and the following shows the 10 benefits of Pilates. Find out why everyone from celebrities to your friends are joining in on this growing exercise trend.
- Strength. Pilates enhances muscle strength, especially in what is called the core muscles, those of the abs and back.
- Flexibility. Pilates involves a great deal of stretching type movements, increasing flexibility when participated in regularly.
- Coordination. Gymnasts and dancers have long known this as one of the benefits of Pilates. Controlled movements and a focus on the connection between mind and body generally leads to better overall coordination.
- Abdominal Muscles. Pilates focuses on the core muscles which include the abs. Many exercises focus exclusively on strengthening this area. Leaner, stronger abdominal muscles is one of the major benefits of Pilates.
- Improved Posture. Pilates can help develop your posture and enhance your physical appearance. Instructors often advise students to remember their posture, keeping their shoulders back and spine straightened during exercise.
- Injuries. Another of the benefits of Pilates is reduced risk of injury during other sports and activities. This is due to several factors, including those mentioned above ,such as increased strength, flexibility, and coordination, along with an improved understanding of the mind-body connection.
- Improved Mental State. With its emphasis on the mind and your connection to your body, many people find stress and anxiety reduced through regular participation in Pilates. Pilates incorporates many of the same concepts of yoga, which is also sometimes used for better mood and relaxation.
- Low impact. Pilates is a low impact workout and can be successfully done by people with a variety of problems such as joint conditions or knee injuries.
- Benefits for both beginning and advanced exercisers. The benefits of Pilates are attainable by those just starting an exercise program along with those who have been exercising for many years. Exercise variations make most exercises suitable for a wide variety of people and the difficulty can easily be increased as participants advance in ability.
- Back Pain. One of the main benefits of Pilates is the strengthening of the core muscles, including those in the back. This results in stronger muscles and better posture, often relieving back pain. Additionally back pain can sometimes be caused by stress and emotional distress, both of which can be relieved through Pilates exercises.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …