The ten best ten-year wedding anniversary gift ideas include presents requiring you to spend big bucks and a few ideas that are totally free. With the modern rate for divorce in the United States, making it to the ten-year anniversary is a time for major celebration. It means the couple made it through the first few years of marriage and the "seven-year itch," and now is headed for the cruise-control mode. Whether you are part of the couple or a friend or family member wishing to help the couple recognize this achievement, there are a number of appropriate ten-year wedding anniversary gifts listed below.
- Case of beer. Aluminum is one of the traditional ten-year anniversary gift ideas. If you're at your ten-year anniversary under duress, imply go to the store and buy your significant other a case of beer in aluminum cans and explain the meaning. If your significant other complains about the gift, explain that aluminum is a traditional gift.
- Diamond ring. The modern gift list also suggests diamonds as an appropriate gift for the ten-year anniversary mark. There are many jewelry gift ideas that incorporate diamonds. An eternity ring is always nice and a bracelet full of sparklers won't be turned away either. If you're stumped for diamond ideas and have limited funds, take a trip to the jewelry store and ask for some ideas of eye candy in your price range.
- Romantic trip. It's not aluminum and has nothing to do with stone diamonds, but a trip to see the sparking diamonds in the water at a lake or the ocean is a fine gift for a couple celebrating a ten-year anniversary. Add a small diamond sparkler at the hotel to meet your gift requirement.
- Aluminum keepsake box. A metal box with space for wedding and married life memories also makes for a nice gift. Add some photos of each year of your marriage to show you pay attention to details.
- Formal portrait. Arrange for a formal portrait of the couple to be painted by a local artist. Spring for a frame so the portrait can be properly displayed.
- Photograph. If oil or water color paint is not your art style, arrange for a local photographer to take some photos in a formal or relaxed setting. Add an aluminum frame and you've met the old anniversary suggestion list.
- Road trip reminder of your dating years. Take a road trip that stops at all the places you used to go before you were married. If you were married in a love-at-first site arrangement, proceed to the next suggestion.
- Road trip reminder of your first ten-years together. Obviously, you can't go everywhere, but select a special place from each year of your marriage and either drive by or visit the location.
- Picnic lunch at your favorite couple place. Pack a picnic lunch or pay a catering service to put together a mini feast and head out to a favorite place you go to as a couple. If you don't have one, select one that will be your favorite location from now on.
- A new car. Everyone likes a new car. Make sure it is constructed with a large percentage of aluminum and you'll fit right in with the old school anniversary gift-giving list.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
13 Pro Wrestling Tales Too Crazy to be True—But They Are!
Because the gnarliest stuff happens when the cameras are off.