10 Best 2 Player Board Games
Even though video games have massively taken over the gaming industry, there will always be those who identify with 10 of the best 2 player board games over. Even with the rapid advances in technology, these games with always be some of the best you will ever get to play because of their originality and fun.
- Guess Who is one of the 2 player board games that involves a lot of guessing and just plain fun. The object of this quirky game is to use the process of elimination to guess which character your opponent has selected. The first person to guess their opponent’s character wins!
- Battleship is another great game of guessing as well as quite a bit of strategy. Both players place their allotted ship pieces onto an ocean grid that can’t be seen by either opponent. Both players will take turn calling out coordinates to fire a shot, and the opponent will announce whether there was a hit or a miss from the shot. This is a simple, yet very addicting game.
- Chinese Checkers is wonderful variant of the classic game, Checkers, as it allows for 2 to 6 people to play. The object of the game is to move your pieces from your side of the board to the other side before anyone else does. You will need strategy and cunning to succeed in this game.
- Scrabble is one of the best 2 player board games that has been remade time and time again, but the same addicting concept is incorporated each time. The game is played by taking turns creating words on a game board and racking up points depending on the words you make. If you happen to have a diverse vocabulary, you will find this one extremely entertaining.
- Checkers is a classic game that strongly encourages you to be the last man standing. Both players start out with the same number of game pieces of opposite ends of the board, and the object is to eliminate your opponent’s game pieces. This is quite a stress-inducing, yet very addicting game.
- You’ve been living under a rock if you haven’t heard of Monopoly. This game is one of the more unique 2 player board games, and it’s based around money and dominating a market before anybody else does. It has been known to raise blood pressure and cause feuds between friends as well (sarcasm intended).
- You can find many families across the world indulging in a game of Yahtzee because of its pure addictiveness. It’s a game that lasts in 13 rounds and consists of a lot of dice rolling and a lot of good, clean fun.
- If you’ve ever played Sorry, then you probably remember not being able to stop playing. The object of this game is to move all of your pieces from your “Start” location to your “End” location before anybody else has a chance to. It’s definitely one of the best 2 player board games that Parker Brothers has ever created.
- Chess has always been known as the ultimate game of strategy and tactics because those concepts are exactly what it requires for success. Checkmating your opponent’s King is the ultimate goal in Chess, and it may be hours before anyone even does so.
- Trouble and Sorry are two similar 2 player board games, as the concepts are extremely similar. However, Trouble features a dice rolling bubble in the center of the board that’s fun to pop! Move all of your pieces around the board and back to your “Home” location to reign victorious over your opponents!