10 Best 2 Year Anniversary Ideas
What are the 10 best 2 year anniversary gift ideas for a couple? Since the middle ages, it has been customary to bestow symbolic gifts on specific yearly wedding anniversaries. Cotton is the traditional gift theme while china is now considered a modern gift for the second anniversary. What are the top gift ideas for a second wedding anniversary?
- Cotton Roses. The cozy second anniversary, traditional gift of cotton becomes more symbolic of your love with a gift of faux roses. Companies sell cotton roses in a various quantities to suit your needs and budget.
- Personalized Anniversary Throw. There are almost as many sites offering personalized throw blankets as there are anniversaries. From standard poetry written by the personalization company to even a reprint of your personal wedding vows, there are hundreds of options to make cotton throws romantic and personal.
- Personalized Cotton Wall Hangings. As with cotton throw blankets, wall hangings can be created in a variety of sizes and with virtually unlimited personalization options. There are companies that create personalized wall art from your own photographs in additional to printed selections.
- Family Photo Quilt. This is especially special if a new baby has graced the couple’s first two years of marriage. Commissioning an artisan to hand quilt memorable photos from a couple’s lifetime makes a long cherished, thoughtful second anniversary gift.
- Cotton Lingerie. While given as a gift to her, cotton lingerie or a sexy nightgown is sure to please both parties. No, cotton is not silky—but, is ultra soft and can be printed with an array of colors, patterns and even romantic phrases if so desired.
- China Tableware. Perhaps a china place setting is not the most romantic gift option. For couples unable to afford the symbolic wedding china, or were not given as much say as they would have liked in choosing the original pattern, a gift of authentic china tableware serves as a statement of growth for the couple.
- China Décor. China or porcelain home décor is available to suit nearly every taste, budget and decorating theme. Consider the recipient’s interests and hobbies, or choose pieces more symbolic of a special trip or activity that they couple shared over the young marriage.
- Organic Cotton Clothing. Cotton clothing is soft, snuggly, comfortable and often quite beautiful. Read clothing labels and choose a quality cotton blouse or dress to remind the couple of the special anniversary each time it is worn.
- Cotton Candy. A simple bag of cotton candy purchased at the end of a special second anniversary date night is a fun, inexpensive way to commemorate the second anniversary. If prepackaged cotton candy does not fit your taste, buy an inexpensive cotton candy machine and make the candy together as a couple.
- A Second Anniversary Themed Trip. Think outside the traditional, or even the modern, gift box and plan a themed trip or vacation. Visit a historical cotton plantation in the Southern United States or plan an exotic trip to Asia. A gift of travel celebrates the anniversary theme in a manner unique to the couple.