If you're thinking about buying a new sedan but not sure which is the best, take a look at this list of the 10 best 2009 four door sedans. In order to provide you with the most accurate list of the 10 best sedans, we went out and drove them all.
- Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed: Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed is number one on our list of the 10 best sedans of 2009. The Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed is a sports car in a sedan's body. With 600 horsepower and 553 pounds of torque, it can reach speeds up to 200 MPH. The car is handmade in England and it really shows inside the vehicle. When you look closely at the steering wheel you can tell that the wheel was handstiched. The interior materials are the best in the world, and these features alone make the Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed the number one sedan on our list of the ten best sedans of 2009.
- Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG: Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG is the number two are on our list. Think of the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG as a cheaper version of the Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed. Both of them are sports cars in a sedan's body and both have luxurious interiors. Unlike the Flying-Spur, the C63 AMG is not hand built and the interior materials are not the best in the world. Despite this, the interior is still luxurious (just not as luxurious as the Flying Spur).
- Cadillac CTS-V: The Cadillac CTS-V holds the fastest lap time for a sedan on the Nurburgring’s Nordschleife. That alone makes it number 3 on our list of the 10 best sedans of 2009.
- BMW 7 Series: The BMW 7 Series received a full redesign last year. That redesign has allowed the BMW 7 series to become one of the best full size luxury sedans on the market. The controversial Drive has been fully redesigned and is now one of the simplest hands free devices to use. The interior also has the latest technology available and is made with fine materials. Like most BMWs on the market today, this one drives like a sports car. And if the 400 horsepower V8 is not enough power for you, the 536 horsepower V12 is coming out this year.
- BMW 3 Series: Considered to be one of the best midsize luxury sedans in the world, the BMW 3 series is the number 5 car on our list of the 10 best sedans. Like the BMW 7 series, it drives like a sports car and has a luxurious interior.
- Jaguar XF: The Jaguar XF was redesigned for 2009 and was designed to live up to Jaguar storied past. Unlike the previous XF, this one makes the founding fathers of Jaguar proud and this reason alone makes it the number 6 sedan on our list of the 10 best sedans of 2009.
- Mazda 6: The Mazda 6 was redesigned for 2009 and with the changes Mazda made to an already excellent sedan, it has made the Mazda 6 the number 7 sedan on our list of the 10 best sedans of 2009.
- Chevrolet Malibu: The Chevrolet Malibu is the number 8 sedan on our list of the 10 best sedans of 2009 and here is why: The contemporary design has made the Malibu stand out against its competition. With its major interior redesign, the Malibu is now better than its competition.
- Hyundai Genesis: The Hyundai Genesis is the number 9 sedan on our list of the 10 best sedans of 2009 and here is why: For decades, car companies have tried to upset BMW and Mercedes for bragging rights of some of the best sedans in the world. Only the Hyundai Genesis has come close to matching the German’s engineering, performance and snob appeal.
- Mercedes S-Class: The Mercedes S-Class was considered to be one of the best luxury full-size sedans when it debuted in 2007, and it still is considered to be one of the best luxury sedans.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
13 Things to Look Forward to in Your 30s
You’ve probably been told that your 20s will be the best years of your life. As someone in their 30s, I can tell you honestly that nothing could be further from the truth. Here are ...
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor ...
Remember when Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman made all that noise—and news—before the Super Bowl? We had the story long before the season even started, trailing him all over Se ...