I know what your thinking: "Made Man, what are the 10 Best Sports Coupes of 2009?" Well, we get that a lot, so we've done some research and cooked up some recommendations for the sports coupes of yesteryear. When it comes to sport coupes, everybody has some likes and dislikes. The following are our picks for the ten best from 2009.
- Dodge Viper – at 600 horsepower and 0-60 in four seconds and with a Viper Snakeskin Pearl color, whew. Talk about "Going Green." (Dodge)
- Corvette Coupe 1 LT is sporty. You can’t get much sportier, with 480hp and V8 engine. We like it. (Autotropolis)
- Nissan GT-R Coupe. All we have to say is Ho-Ho-Ho, put a ribbon on this one for Christmas. Jet fighter styling on this beauty. (Autotropolis)
- Porsche Cayman can’t be beat for its handling. With its 0-60 in five seconds, we think that is good enough for our number four slot. (Autotropolis)
- Porsche 911 Carrera is faster off the starting line than the Cayman and has rear wheel drive, so we’ll slide it into number five, because it is still a small beauty and stylish. (Meiners)
- Mazda RX-8 Sport Coupe knocks our socks off for the price alone. A cool 17k to 25k, depending on the package. (Motor Trend)
- Hyundai Accent for fuel economy but with a little less sportiness, try this Hyundai compact.. You can’t beat the price and since most coupes are fuel-efficient, this one gets 36 hwy and 27 city. (Autotropolis)
- Mercedes CLC Coupe. What more can say? It’s a Mercedes, with some big competition.
- Maserati Gran Turismo Sports Coupe and that’s a mouthful. Top speed is 185 mph and it hits 0-62 in 4.6 seconds. We forgot to breathe. (Autochannel)
- Acura ZDX is the four-door sports coupe. Horsepower is 370 and handling is all wheel drive, so cram your friends in the back and roll out. (Wheels Blog)
dascrow. Benzworld. 2009.
Dodge Viper. Dodge. 2010.
Wheels Blog Acura.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?