10 Best 4x4 Pickup Trucks
If you're planning on buying a new or used truck in the near future, then you'll definitely want to check out the list of the 10 best 4x4 pickup trucks. Which ones are built best for hauling and which ones have the best comfort and style? Whichever your preference, you're bound to find one of these trucks matches your needs. Do you already have a favorite make and model? Let's see if it made the list of the best 4x4 pickup trucks.
- Ford F-150. Varying little from the 2009 model, which won the "North American" and "Motor Trend" 2009 Truck of the Year Awards, the Ford F-150 carries a little steeper price than some of its competitors but it's certainly worth it. One of the best 4x4 pickup trucks of 2010, it offers lots of storage options, better fuel economy and Ford's MyKey safety system.
- Dodge Ram HD. If you're looking for one of the best 4x4 pickup trucks for some heavy duty work, then look no further than Motor Trend's Truck of the Year 2010, the Dodge Ram HD. While a little smaller than its predecessors, this hard-working truck will "gitterdone."
- Ford F-150 SVT Raptor. Marketed as a desert racer that can be driven on the street, the SVT Raptor redefines how many look at high-performance trucks with its cobby style and outstanding towing capacity. One of the best 4x4 pickup trucks of 2010 for those who like a big truck, this vehicle is a monster.
- GMC Sierra 1500. Mechanically identical to the popular Silverado, this is one of the best 4x4 pickup trucks for those who want a pricier, more upscale model. Sleek and stylish, the Sierra is one of the most luxurious trucks currently on the market with a number of available interior packages to fit your needs.
- Toyota Tundra. With a new engine and updated styling, the Toyota Tundra was prepared to take on the big dogs in 2010. Considered to be one of the 2010 best 4x4 pickup trucks, this was the first year for the Tundra to be offered with a work-truck package and it certainly won its share of thumbs up.
- Nissan Titan. One of the best 4x4 pickup trucks 2010 is the Nissan Titan. A truck that lacks the flash and size of its counterparts, but does extremely well in government crash tests. If you're looking for a safe truck but don't mind a smaller model, this one just may fit the bill.
- Chevrolet Avalanche. If diversity is your thing, you just might consider the sport utility truck, the Chevy Avalanche as one of your choices for best 4x4 pickup trucks 2010. While it's somewhere between an SUV and a pickup truck, this is still a capable vehicle that can do the work and haul the kids around too.
- Chevrolet Silverado 1500. One of the best 4x4 pickup trucks to hit the showroom floors this year, the newest model of Silverado is already considered the top ranking full size pickup truck on the market according to Motor Trend. This stylish yet practical pickup truck offers a variety of engines, comes in 2 or 4-wheel drive and offers a choice between a short, standard or long bed.
- Ford Super Duty. If you're looking for a heavy duty 4x4 pickup truck, you might take a look at the Ford Super Duty. Built for hauling and towing, "Motor Trend" compared this truck to a Clydesdale horse, "gentle, stout and enormously willing to pull."
- Nissan Frontier. One of the more affordable trucks on our list of the 10 best 4x4 pickup trucks 2010, the Frontier is a simple yet well-designed truck that is capable of doing the hauling you need from it. Airbags add protection in the cab, tie-downs help keep your belongings in place, and the truck has lots of options for you to choose from. What's not to love?