Choosing the 10 best 4X4 trucks is a matter of personal preference. Different factors and variables such as one's driving preferences, skills as well as the terrain and environment should be taken into consideration. However, even with such a subjective list, these vehicles have stood out as being some of the best 4×4 trucks ever made.
- 2007 – 2010 Toyota Tundra. As the old saying goes, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". Though the Tundra may be one of the oldest truck platforms available, it still stands out as a one of the most dependable.
- 2007 – 2010 Nissan Frontier. Compared to other trucks in its class, the Frontier is one of the smallest. Its size however is used as an advantage as it outperforms competitors when it comes to handling. The shift-on-the-fly 4WD system is also on of the easiest to use.
- 2007 – 2010 Dodge Ram. This pick-up stands as one of the most versatile trucks on the road. The top of the line 5.7 Hemi V8 engine takes this truck from 0 to 60 in just a shade over 7 seconds. Not only is it quick, it is also incredibly fuel efficient.
- 1998 – 2010 Ford Ranger. Not only is the Ranger one of the most affordable true 4X4 trucks available, it is also extremely reliable and easy to maintain. Even though the Ranger is a small truck it has enough power to go through some of the toughest roads.
- 2007 – 2011 Chevrolet Avalance. Although more of an SUV than a pick-up truck the Avalanche provides more than enough muscle. The 4WD model with the proper gear and equipment can effectively haul up to 8,000 pounds while still seat a driver and four passengers comfortably.
- 2004 – 2010 Chevrolet Colorado. A true work truck, the Colorado picks up from where the old Chevrolet Sonoma left off. Many criticize the truck's lack of power and a mediocre towing capacity. The Colorado however focuses on casual truck users and in this category, this pick-up truck truly stands out.
- 2010 Ford F-150 Raptor. As if the Ford F-150 wasn't good enough, out comes the Raptor. Based on the 4×4 F-150 Super Cab with a 5.5 foot bed, the Raptor boasts of improved torque, better suspensions and higher ground clearance.
- 2005 – 2010 Toyota Tacoma. The popular Tacoma may not be the most powerful 4X4 truck available nor is it the best performing. It is however, the perfect vehicle for those who want some versatility. It is probably the best candidate for a 4X4 truck suitable for daily use.
- 1998 – 2009 Mazda B2300. Though the B2300 is basically a Ford Ranger, the Mazda does offer superior styling. Armed with the virtually the same internals as a Ranger, the B2300 is actually a notch cheaper. Although the line was discontinued in 2009, fans of the B2300 can still go cross the border into Canada to get one straight from the dealer's showroom.
- 2005 – 2010 Dodge Dakota. The Dakota shares the same platform with the effective Dodge Durango SUV. Capable of seating up to six adults comfortably, the V8 option is rarely found among mid-sized trucks. With a combination of good size and power, those wanting a full sized pickup have also considered picking up this beast instead.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.