Have a five-year anniversary coming up and need to know the 10 best 5-year wedding anniversary gift ideas? If your five-year anniversary is quickly approaching, you need to start preparing your gifts right away. Use these five-year anniversary gift ideas to give your special lady something she will never forget.
- Wooden jewelry box. The five-year anniversary gift has traditionally been something made of wood. In keeping with that theme, a handcrafted wooden jewelry box would be a lovely gift. The jewelry inside the box, of course, is optional depending on your budget.
- Visit Hollywood. Take a trip to California to visit Hollywood. If California is out of your budget, you could take another trip to another “wood-named" town or city. Write a little card explaining why you chose the vacation location.
- Five-star meal. It’s your five-year anniversary, so take your wife to a five-star restaurant. If you don’t have a particular restaurant in mind, you can check out the reviews and ratings online. It may be a little pricey, but five years together is a big milestone, right?
- Five mini gifts. Buy your wife five mini gifts instead of one big gift. Those five mini gifts could be a combination of her favorite things. Chocolate, wine, flowers and gifts related to her hobbies would be nice choices.
- Rent a cabin in the woods. Rent a little cabin or luxurious log home in the woods. Maine and Vermont both have particularly beautiful foliage in the fall. If your anniversary is in the summer, try to find a cabin on a pond.
- Electronics. Don’t underestimate your wife’s interest in new electronics. If there’s a gadget she’s always wanted, buy it. Check out cell phones, e-readers, computers, televisions, etc. It might not be super sentimental, but if it’s something that she’ll use and enjoy, it’s a great gift.
- Five-stone ring. Most of the major commercial jewelers make a very pretty five-stone diamond band. Make sure you buy the same color gold she currently wears. A white gold band on one hand and yellow gold band on the other is a horrible fashion faux pas.
- Two bottles of five-year-old wine. Drink one bottle and write a note that the other bottle should be kept to be drink on your tenth anniversary. Women love sentimental gifts that show a long-term commitment to your future as a couple.
- Five-star hotel. Same premise as the five-star meal above. If you’re feeling particularly generous, you could combine gifts number three and nine for a very special anniversary weekend. What woman doesn’t like to be taken away for a luxurious five-star weekend?
- Family portrait session. Women love having photos of their family in the house. Book a session with a local photographer and take as many photos as she’d like. Don’t forget to have them framed or made into a special photobook for the coffee table.
A five-year anniversary is a big anniversary and should be treated as such. Don’t wait until the last minute to find that perfect gift. Use these five-year wedding anniversary gift ideas to buy your mate something she will love.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.