The 10 best ‘80s bands all made major contributions to the music industry. Even though the hair may have turned gray, these legendary bands are still going strong. As long as the loyal fans of the best ‘80s bands continue to buy their music, the bands will live on.
- Bon Jovi. The quintessential big hair band of the 80’s, Bon Jovi is still around after forming in 1983. They have sold over 130 million records worldwide and are certainly one of the best ‘80s bands.
- Duran Duran. The group formed in 1978 and continues to perform today. They have sold over 100 millions records, with 21 songs making Billboard’s Hot 100 over the years.
- Def Leppard. With over 65 million record sales, this legendary group is one of the best ‘80s bands. They remain popular with fans even 33 years after forming.
- Guns N’ Roses. GNR has sold over 110 million records to date and are still performing as of this writing. The group formed in 1985, with Axl Rose as their lead vocalist.
- U2. Bono, The Edge and company have over 150 million record sales since forming in 1976. The group has 22 Grammys, which is more than any other band.
- Van Halen. Since forming in 1972, the band has sold over 80 million albums. Despite changing lead singers several times, they are still performing today, and they were definitely one of the best ‘80s bands.
- The Cure. The band formed in 1976 and has over 27 million record sales to date. They are one of the pioneers of the music known as gothic rock.
- Queen. This prolific band has sold over 300 million records since forming in 1971. Even though lead singer Freddie Mercury died in 1991, the group was one of the best ‘80s bands and is still around today.
- Aerosmith. The group has over 150 million in record sales, and celebrated their 40th anniversary together in 2010. They had some troubles in the early 80’s, but closed the decade out strong.
- Motley Crue. This band has sold over 80 million records worldwide since forming in 1981. They have had many problems over the years, but were one of the best ‘80s bands during the big hair era.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.