10 Best '80s Love Songs
The 10 best '80s love songs are a sign of the times. The 1980s were all about being over the top. The love songs from this time reflect this attitude with their extreme lyrics and excessive moody melodies.
- "Almost Paradise" Mike Reno & Nancy Wilson The love theme from "Footloose" tops the list of best '80s love songs. The song shot to the top of the charts for the singers of the bands Lover Boy and Heart respectively.
- "I Miss You" Klymaxx This one-hit wonder band makes the list of best '80s love songs with their only charting song. In the early '80s, high school girls dreamed of dancing at their proms to this song.
- "Sweet Love" Anita Baker In 1987, Anita Baker took the world by storm with one of the best '80s love songs. "Sweet Love" was the first of many hits for the former secretary.
- "Is This Love" Whitesnake The hard rocking band hit it big with one of the best '80s love songs. The song mimicked the love life of singer David Coverdale and his soon-to-be wife, Tawny Kitaen.
- "Endless Love" Diana Ross & Lionel Richie From the movie of the same name, no list of the best '80s love songs would be complete without this crooner. The lyrical story of passionate love fit the 1980s scene at the time.
- "Up Where We Belong" Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes Another movie theme that hit it big. "An Officer and a Gentleman" would not have been the same without the inclusion of one of the best '80s love songs.
- "Cherish" Cool and the Gang. Known for their upbeat dance songs, Cool and the Gang broke out with one of the best '80s love songs. The endearing lyrics of commitment pushed this song to the top of the charts.
- "All Through the Night" Cyndi Lauper Definitely one of the best '80s love songs, this one proved that Ms. Lauper was more than just a punkie one-hit wonder. The whimsical lyrics of this fun love song rang through high school halls in 1984.
- "I Just Called to Say I Love You" Stevie Wonder The fun lyrics of this sweet song put it on the list of best '80s love songs. The upbeat tempo had everyone swaying to the music back in 1984.
- "Keep on Loving You" REO Speedwagon In 1981, the hard rocking band scored a hit with one of the best '80s love songs. The song about a cheating woman whose man stands beside her made young girls swoon.
Posted on: Oct. 08, 2010