The ten best 80’s rock ballads contain lyrics that tell a story. Ballads are basically poems that tell a story and are set to music. The 1980’s were famous for big hair bands such as Loverboy, Poison and Motley Crue. The ten best 80’s rock ballads were on the top of the charts throughout the 80’s. They have powerful lyrics and great choruses. They will continue to be great hits for years to come.
- “Heaven” by Bryan Adams. “Heaven” appears on Bryan’s album, “Reckless.” The song is about a love that has lasted throughout the years.
- “Every Rose Has Its Thorn” by Poison. This is one of the best 80’s rock ballads. The song is a beautiful ballad and one of Poison’s best hits. It appears on the band’s album, “Open Up and Say Ahh.”
- “Open Arms” by Journey. This song tells the story of two lovers who broke up and are trying to get back together. The song was later sung by artists such as Mariah Carey and Barry Manilow.
- “Home Sweet Home” by Motley Crue. This single is one of the best 80’s rock ballads because of its powerful lyrics. Carrie Underwood recorded a cover version of the song in 2009.
- “Heaven in Your Eyes” by Loverboy. This song was released by the Canadian band, Loverboy. It appears on the soundtrack for the hit movie, “Top Gun.” It also appears on the band’s album, “Big Ones.”
- “Faithfully” by Journey. Many people have stated that this song is without a doubt the best 80’s rock ballad of its generation. “Faithfully” depicts the story of a musician on the road and how he handles commitment to his family. The music video shows the band at various concert venues.
- “I Just Died in Your Arms” by Cutting Crew. The song was written by the lead singer, Nick Van Eede, during a sexual relationship. The word “died” was a substitute for “orgasm” in the song.
- “Close My Eyes Forever” by Lita Ford. The song features Ozzy Osbourne and is on the video game “Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore.”
- “Alone” by Heart. “Alone” is definitely one of the best 80’s rock ballads and appears on Heart’s album, “Bad Animals.”
- “Wanted Dead or Alive” by Bon Jovi. The song stems from the band’s album, “Slippery When Wet.” The song is a tribute to the people of the Old West and how their lifestyle compares to that of rock bands.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
Pro Wrestling Tales That Will Make You Feel Like Fighting
Don't get too riled up.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.