10 Best 80's Rock Songs
Rock was the most popular genre of music during the '80s and we have the 10 best '80s rock songs. The '80s was known for having hair bears, neon clothing and, of course, rock music! The rock music produced during the '80s was so popular that teens today are still rocking out to it today. You will also find several of these songs on popular video games like "Rock Band" and "Guitar Hero."
- "Livin' on a Prayer" Bon Jovi came out with this song in 1987 and it went straight to number one. "Livin' on a Prayer" was the second single from Bon Jovi's album "Slippery When Wet." This popular song gave Bon Jovi their first number one track on mainstream charts. Even decades after the song's initial release, it continues to chart throughout the world. "Livin' on a Prayer" also received an extremely high amount of air time on MTV. This song has earned its place on our ten best '80s rock songs.
- "Sweet Child O' Mine" This song was released by Guns N' Roses in 1988 and quickly became their first and only number one single in the United States. The original song was 5:56 minutes long and had to be cut down to 4:12 minutes in order to receive air time on MTV. Some say that the best part of the song was edited out: the guitar solo by Slash. Despite the edit of the solo, "Sweet Child O' Mine" still deserves the number two spot on ten best '80s rock songs.
- "You Shook Me All Night Long" This song came off AC/DC's album "Black in Black" in 1980. While this song never placed high on the Billboard Charts, it was still a hit on MTV and VH1. "You Shook Me All Night Long" is still as popular today as it was in the '80s.
- "Walk This Way" was released in 1986 by rap group Run DMC. Aerosmith originally released this song in the '70s, but Run DMC took it to a whole other level. "Walk This Way" became an international hit and won awards for best single. Run DMC added some hip-hop flavor to it while keeping the rock feel.
- "Pour Some Sugar on Me" was released in 1987 by a British rock group Def Leppard. "Pour Some Sugar on Me" placed at the number two spot on the US Billboard Hot 100. The song also ranked number two on VH1's greatest songs of the '80s list and it ranks on our ten best 80's rock songs as well.
- "Here I Go Again" was released in 1982, 1987 and again in 1988 by Whitesnake. The 1987 version went straight to number one on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart and also placed on charts around the world. "Here I Go Again" has earned their spot on our ten best '80s rock songs.
- "Jessie's Girl" was wrote and performed by Rick Springfield in 1981. The song was an instant hit and spent two weeks at number one. Decades later the song has continued to be a hit and will always be one of the best 80's rock songs.
- "Welcome to the Jungle" released in 1987 by popular rock group Guns N' Roses and placed seventh on the US Billboard Charts. In 2009 VH1 named "Welcome to the Jungle" the greatest rock song of all time.
- "Love is a Battlefield" came out in 1983 by Pat Benatar. "Love is a Battlefield" is Pat Benatar's one and only single to certify gold and has charted throughout the world.
- "Born In The U.S.A." was released in 1984 by Bruce Springfield and became the best-selling song and album in 1985. "Born In The U.S.A." has since became an international hit. This song has earned its spot on our ten best '80s rock songs.