10 Best 90's Female Artists
The 1990's was a great era for music, from pop to rock there was innovation in every genre, so here's the 10 best 90's female artists. Whether you grew up in the 90's or you simply want to learn more about the era, this list captures the decade's best female artists. These women were all talented and had many hits that lead to their popularity.
- Britney Spears. With her singles including "Baby One More Time" and "Crazy" made Britney top the charts with lightening speed. She certainly made her mark at the end of the decade, becoming one of the most renowned celebrities. Her talent and style make her one of the 10 best 90's female artists.
- Madonna. This diva may have started in the 80's, but she didn't stay quiet during the 90's. Her album "Erotica" was released in 1992, becoming double platinum and making sales across the world. She came out with many popular singles, which certainly defined what the 90's era of music was about.
- Bjork. This artist released her 1993 album "Debut" and quickly became a music icon of the 1990's. Her style as an ambiance/electronica rock singer made her a truly unique gem amongst 1990's style. She may be from Iceland, but that did not stop her from fame in the U.S. and other European countries.
- Mariah Carey. Mariah's been called the best-selling music artist of the 1990's. Her pop and R&B music made a mark among the 1990's youth and adults. She is definitely one of the decades best female music artists.
- Whitney Houston. This R&B, soul and pop female artist hit the charts in the 1990's. Most memorable was her hit "I Will Always Love You." She stared in many films that helped bring her music to the top of the charts.
- Tionne Watkins. This female artist was the lead singer of TLC. Wither her band she helped make the charts and reached unmatched popularity. The song "Waterfalls" was exceptionally sung and could be heard on the radio since its release in 1994.
- Beyonce Knowles. Lead singer of Destiny's Child, her group made the mark in the late 90's. Her group sang hit R&B, soul, and pop songs that lead to her ultimate popularity as a solo artist. She is without a doubt a top 10 1990's female music artist.
- Christina Aguilera. In 1998, Aguilera recorded "Reflection" for the Disney "Mulan" film. This lead to a record deal that subsequently escalated her music career. She went on to make numerous hits that brought her to the top of the charts in the late 90's.
- Shania Twain. This Canadian star certainly let her voice be heard in the U.S. and across Europe. With her hit 1998 song "You're Still the One," Twain made the late 90's beautiful and romantic. The song became #2 in the U.S., marking this female artist as one of the best singers.
- Jewel. From the mid to late 90's, Jewel made herself a hit in the U.S. Her beautiful songs and voice helped her reach the top of the charts. Her many hits and diverse vocal range certainly marks her as one of the best female artists.