This list of the 10 best 90's party songs will put you in the party mood. In the 1990's, just like many other decades there is a list of funky one hit wonders. Sit back and enjoy a stroll down memory lane.
- "Whoop" by Tag Team. This best 90's party song spent one week at #1 on the R&B charts in 1993 and seven weeks at number two on the "Billboard Hot 100." The songs popularity is for it's well known lyrics "Whoop, there it is."
- "Baby's Got Back" by Sir Mix-A-Lot. The year was 1992 when this party song went number one. The sexual nature of this song caused it to briefly get banned from "MTV." "I like big butts and I can not lie/You other brothers can't den. That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waste. And a round thing in your face/You get sprung."
- "You Can't Touch This" by MC Hammer. In 1990 this best party song sold more than ten million copies. The lyrics describe a rapper as having "toured around the world, from London to the Bay." He is so good that he tells everyone "You can't touch this."
- "Good Vibrations" by Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch. In 1991 this best party song went number one in the United States, Sweden and Switzerland. The lyrics to this song claims dancing is better than any drug, feel the rhythm and feel the good vibrations.
- "Another Night" by Real McCoy. This best 90's party song hit the charts in 1993. This German band spent 40 weeks in the top 40 and was certified "Platinum" by the "Recording Industry Association of America."
- "Mambo No 5" by Lou Bega. In 1999, this cover song originally released in 1949, hit the charts with it's own dance in tow. This wild popular 90's party song is still a fan favorite a decade later. The lyrics of this song tell a story of a man who appreciates the many women in his life.
- "Get Ready For This" by 2 Unlimited. In 1991, this best party song hit the charts in the United States. This 90's party song made it to number four on the "Billboard Hot Dance Club Play" chart. What makes this party song stand out is it's popularity of being played in arena-based sporting events "Get Ready For This."
- "The Love Shack" by The B52's. This best 90's party song was named one of the best 365 "Songs of the Century" in 2001 and ranked #243 in Rolling Stones's list of the best 500 songs of all time. The lyrics describe an unplanned road trip along the Atlanta Highway to the "Love Shack," a fictional roadhouse where people love to dance around a jukebox.
- "Gettin' Jiggy Wit It" by Will Smith. This 90's party song hit number one on the charts in 1998. "On your mark ready set let's go. Dance floor pro I know you know/Just can't sit. Gotta get jiggy wit it."
- "Poison" by Bel Biv DeVoe. This best 90's party song hit the charts in 1991 and had everyone singing about a girl that was poison. "That girl is poison. Never trust a big butt and smile. That girl is poison poison." Again with the big butts, maybe that is the theme of the party songs of the 90's.
What inspires the world's best culinary artists? For NYC chef and entrepreneur Dale Talde, it's hip-hop. Check out Talde ...
Going to pick up a girl for the first time is pretty nerve-wracking. You have to wear the right clothes, put on the righ ...
Guys love hot rock chicks. There's just something special about a girl that can look good while sounding mean. There are ...