The 10 best 90’s pop songs include an eclectic group of music artists. From Daft Punk to The Spice Girls, these 10 best 90’s pop songs are sure to make any hipster remember their pop roots.
- “Around the World” by Daft Punk. “Around the World” heralded in Daft Punk’s reign over the 90’s techno scene. This catchy, repetitive house song is definitely one of the best pop songs of the 90’s.
- “Baby One More Time” by Britney Spears. Remember those days when Britney Spears was known for something other than being bald and crazy? Whether or not you admit it, you can’t deny that Britney Spears was the queen of 90’s pop music, and “Baby One More Time” is definitely her best.
- “Wannabe” by the Spice Girls. Even if you’re dancing to this by yourself in you room, “Wannabe” is so catchy that it has to be considered one of the best pop songs of the 90’s. The Spice Girls were and are the creators of some of the songs that always seem to get stuck in peoples’ heads.
- “Loser” by Beck. The lyrics didn’t make sense. The beats were strange, especially paired with the blues slide guitar. Still, “Loser” is one of the most played and most well-remembered songs of the 90’s, and it brought Beck into fame, where he would later make more albums and even compose some music for “Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.” With its catchy melody, “Loser” is definitely one of the best pop songs of the 90’s.
- “We Like to Party” by the Vengaboys. Don’t lie. Every time you see a commercial for Six Flags, you know you want to get up and dance. This classic by the one-hit-wonder Vengaboys is upbeat, catchy, and a little silly-but even with its silliness, it is still one of the best pop songs of the 90’s.
- “Virtual Insanity” by Jamiroquai. This funk tune has such a different flair than most other 90’s, it’s hard not to dance to it-unless, of course, you’re too busy watching the entrancing video to get out of your seat.
- “Livin’ La Vida Loca” by Ricky Martin. This pop classic has a fun, lively beat that’s extremely different than most songs of the 90’s. For bringing an interesting change to the 90’s pop scene, “Livin’ La Vida Loca” definitely deserves a spot in this top ten.
- “Fly” by Sugar Ray. This laid-back tune is easy to recall once you hear the first few measures. This catchy tune is definitely one of the best pop songs of the 90’s.
- “Buddy Holly” by Weezer. This song is perfectly in tune with lead singer Rivers Cuomo’s nerdy style. The entire Blue Album by Weezer is a great exemplification of 90’s pop and “Buddy Holly” is definitely one of the best.
- “I Want It That Way” by The Backstreet Boys. The 90’s were a time of grunge, angst-and boy bands. What would a 90’s pop list be without The Backstreet Boys? Even if you were more of an N*Sync fan, you can’t deny that “I Want It That Way” was one of the best pop songs of the 90’s.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
Warning! 7 Lies All Women Tell Men
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.