When talking about the 10 best 90’s rap songs, it is important to note that we are talking about a mix of well established rappers along with some newbies who were just busting onto the scene. Some of the best rap songs of the decade would be considered downright funny when compared to other genres and eras, but the 90’s was an interesting decade in music.
- “Nuthin’ but a “G” Thang” – Dr. Dre & Snoop Dogg. You will find mention of Dr. Dre a couple of times on this list as he pretty much played kingmaker for much of the 90’s. This duet with Snoop Dogg gave the Dogg a heck of a kickstart to his career.
- “Sabotage” – Beastie Boys. Honestly, it’s amazing to think that every member of this still going group is in their 40’s. Sabotage was just another in a long line of great singles from the Beastie Boys.
- “California Love” – Tupac. Now slain rapper Tupac Shakur teamed up with Dr. Dre on this single and it was one of the most played songs of any music genre in the decade. The video paying homage to Mad Max didn’t hurt any either.
- “Can I Get A…” – Jay-Z. Relatively new to the scene in the 90’s, this song was a huge help in jump starting a prodigious career.
- “U Can’t Touch This” – MC Hammer. While most laugh at this song these days, people forget how incredibly popular it was in 1990. MC Hammer even started a fashion trend thanks to the pants he wears in this video.
- “My Name Is” – Eminem. A Dr. Dre protege, Eninem introduced himself to the world with this song. He has to easily be thought of as the most successful white rapper in musical history and this song is a big help.
- “O.P.P.” – Naughty By Nature. Stop anyone above the age of twenty and ask them what O.P.P stands for and there is about a 90 percent chance they’ll be able to answer without much pause.
- “It Was a Good Day” – Ice Cube. This song is memorable because Cube does a great job of showing just how dangerous life in the ‘hood can be. In this song, because nothing went terribly wrong, it was a good day.
- “Insane In The Brain” – Cypress Hill. Cypress Hill was known for their love of marijuana if nothing else, and a song about going a little nuts fit their mystique perfectly.
- “Jump” – Kris Kross. Another song that people will do a double take when they see it on this list. Two young kids rapping about making you “jump”. Still the song was insanely popular. The duo was just weird, wearing all their clothes backwards.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …