If you are getting ready to load songs on your iPod you may want to check into the 10 best '90s rock songs. Choosing the best rock songs of the '90s is subjective to what people like, these songs have been on the top of most of the best-of charts though out the decade.
- Eric Clapton “Tears in Heaven” This song brings a tear to the eye when completely listening to the song. It expresses a deep remorse for things that were done in the past and a wondering if they can be forgiven for the things they have done.
- R.E.M. “Losing my Religion” “Losing my Religion” is an old southern saying that means losing your wits or at wits end. The song suggests that maybe they are losing their mind thinking that they heard something or maybe they were just dreaming.
- Live “Lightning Crashes” This song is a great reminder of the balance created between life and death. As one set of eyes open another closes.
- Nirvana “Smells like Teen Spirit” This is a song that absolutely any teen can relate to. Its lyrics are a simulation of what teens go through including peer pressure or anxiety related to being a teenager.
- Metallica “Enter Sandman” Even people who wouldn’t normally like Metallica like “Enter Sandman”. It is about facing your fears because eventually you will have to. Just as the little boy in the song is afraid of his nightmare he will eventually have to go to sleep.
- Guns N' Roses “November Rain” This is a heartbreaking song about losing someone you love. Whether you broke up or a loved one dies this song talks to your heart.
- U2 “One” Just about everyone can relate to “One” at one point in their life or another. There is that one person who you loved or loves you but you continue to hurt each other over and over again.
- Collective Soul “Shine” A very uplifting song that can teach us all a lot about how to love. It tells us that love can come from anywhere we just need to look for it.
- Green Day “Good Riddance (Time of your Life)” A song about having no regrets about the path you chose in life and the choices that you made. It tells us that we should make the most of our choices and live life to the fullest.
- Matchbox 20 “3 AM” Not really sure of the meaning of this song but it seems to be talking about someone who is ill and not handling the pressures well. And that there is nothing you can do to help them.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.