Do you wish you had a list of the 10 best '90s techno songs? Look no further! Techno songs are great to listen to, whether you're kicking back and doing a little gaming or if you're out cruising the town. Some of the best techo songs came out in the '90s, many of which are still popular today. If you haven't heard them yet, be sure to give a listen to some of the best '90s techno songs from our list. They're certain to make you want to get up and dance!
- "Window Licker" by Aphex Twin: Crossing the borders between techno and trance, "Window Licker" is one of the best '90s techno tunes from popular artist Aphex Twin. Great beats are mixed with heavy synths and scratching to make a great dance sound.
- "Sandstorm" by Darude: Another great trancey song that's considered to be one of the best '90s techno songs of the decade. "Sandstorm" is a metaphysical journey through the sublime. If you enjoy great music, give your ears a real treat and listen to this one.
- "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails: One of the founding bands behind the goth rock movement, Nine Inch Nails produced "Closer," one of the most popular '90s techno songs noted for its sheer sexuality. Though classified as Darkwave, EBM or Goth Rock music, they were often referred to as a techno act during the early years.
- "Rendezvous" by Basement Jaxx: This is one of those great '90s techno songs that doesn't really sound like a techno song at first. When the synth swirls in, the beat kicks up some dust and the enhanced robotic-sounding voices rise up over the classic acoustic guitar…it's bliss.
- "Rockerfella Shank" by Fatboy Slim: Sampling from four different artists/songs, "Rockerfella Skank" was the first big '90s techno song hit for popular artist, Quentin Cook of Fatboy Slim. He would follow it up with other amazing songs such as "Praise You" and the always-popular "Weapon of Choice."
- "Block Rocking Beats" by The Chemical Brothers: The Chemical Brothers are another great group that emerged in time to introduce us to the wild sounds of great '90s techno songs. "Block Rocking Beats" has a great fast rhythm and packs a serious punching beat. The song just screams action and excitement.
- "Firestarter" by The Prodigy: The Prodigy has a sound as unique as its lead singer, Keith Flint. Infectious angry music, this group assaults the senses with a racing beat and mind numbing chants. If you want a good example of one of the best '90s techno songs, be sure to check out something by The Prodigy. You won't be disappointed.
- "Higher State of Consciousness" by Josh Wink: Walking a thin line between classic techno and acid house is "Higher State of Consciousness," an amazing '90s techno song that is nothing short of an exhilarating assault on the senses. It's impossible to listen to this song and not want to move to the beat.
- "Papua New Guinea" by The Future Sound of London: You don't have a list of the best '90s techno songs until you've included "Papua New Guinea." Mixing a great beat with an addictive swirling synth sound, what really makes this song unique is the haunting ethnic chants throughout.
- "Acperience 1" by Hardfloor: "Acperience 1" is a techno song by the German duo, Hardfloor. While the song has many different versions (all titled "Acperience" for simplicity's sake), it's "Acperience 1 that is most commonly known and appreciated. Stringing together 6 Roland bass synths to create their unique sound, their most popular tune earns them a place on our list of best '90s techno songs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.