The ten best ABBA song lyrics are catchy, fun, memorable and expression of life. No wonder ABBA songs are so popular even today making a successful Broadway play around their songs. Here are the ten best ABBA song lyrics.
- "Mamma Mia" “Mamma Mia here I go again,” is one of ABBA best relatable song lyrics. We can all relate to those times in life where you say, “Oh boy what was I thinking?” These lyrics are so relatable that there is now a Broadway show about it.
- "Dancing Queen" Another best ABBA song lyrics is “Dancing Queen, young and sweet only seventeen.” Just proves how innocent and carefree life was at age seventeen. These lyrics bring back the good and optimistic times.
- "Waterloo" What made ABBA famous “Waterloo, couldn’t escape if wanted too.” "Waterloo" made them famous and with the fame came superstardom that they couldn’t escape even if they wanted to.
- "Take a Chance on Me" “Take a chance, take a chance, take a chance chance” is one best catchy ABBA song lyrics. With its rhythmic backing vocals it makes these lyrics instantly memorable. These lyrics can seriously get stuck in your head for hours.
- "Knowing Me Knowing You" Moving onto a serious note “Breaking up is never easy, I know but I have to go, knowing me knowing you is the best we can do” is the best breakup/divorce ABBA song lyric. These lyrics are so honest no wonder people love this song. Sometimes the truth hurts but that what breaking up is about.
- "The Winner Takes It All" “I've played all my cards and that's what you've done too, nothing more to say, no more ace to play, the winner takes it all, the loser standing small, beside the victory that's her destiny” is one of the best ABBA song lyrics to show the facts of life. It is like at one point or another we all have experienced these lyrics and have played all the cards. It is a moving song because it deals with the tough times we have at one time but they way they sing it makes you realize yes we lost this fight but we’ll be ok and something positive will come in future.
- "Fernando" Another best ballad ABBA song lyric is “There was something in the air that night, the stars so bright, Fernando.” These beautiful lyrics show how important friendship is. Yes the song is about the memories of the victories of freedom but more importantly about how bond of friendship is so strong.
- "Chiquitita" “Chiquitia tell me what’s wrong” is one of best Spanish/English ABBA song lyrics. These opening lyrics are attention grabbing and can get stuck in the head. Chiquitia is a fun word to say. Everybody needs a fun word or two in their vocabulary.
- "Lay All Your Love on Me" “Don’t go wasting your emotion, lay all your love on me” is the best dance/love/great vocal ABBA song lyric. The way the lyric is set up, the vocal is amazing. The tune is great to dance to and overall it is a beautiful love song.
- "Money Money Money" “Money Money Money, must be funny, in a rich man world” is the best current ABBA song lyric. Not only is it catchy and relatable but so current. Today, with the recession, workaholics, unemployment etc., money has become the main focus on everybody’s mind and these lyrics fit today’s thinking.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."