The 10 best ABBA songs for party purposes have continued to light up dance floors and make people move their feet for decades. If you're planning festivities for movers and shakers, then you need a beat that will last on into the night. Start with this list of best ABBA songs for party purposes, and see where the night takes you!
- "Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight)": Nothing says night life like this popular tune from the Swedish vocalists. Respected but still somewhat overlooked when compared to the rest of the quartet's catalog, this song still has the ability to move men and women alike, up from their seats and straight to the disco ball.
- "Dancing Queen": Perhaps the most recognizable dance song of all time, and definitely ABBA's most noteworthy, "Dancing Queen" invites you to see that girl, watch that scene, and dig on the dancing queen. It's a celebration of female beauty and an infectious melody you can't get out of your head.
- "Voulez-Vous": French for "Do you want," this 1979 hit possesses rollicking sexual overtones and is a perfect arrangement for when the bodies hit the dance floor, easily making it one of the best ABBA songs for party purposes.
- "Mamma Mia": This 1975 song inspired the 1999 musical, which in turn inspired the 2008 blockbuster movie. If that isn't enough to make "Mamma Mia" one of the best ABBA songs for party people, then maybe the fast pacing and catchy lyrics do the trick!
- "Waterloo": Speaking of fast and catchy, ABBA really rocked out to this song about surrendering to love and all its wonders. A fantastic song for couples who really want to move, "Waterloo" will create memories whenever you hear it.
- "Take a Chance on Me": Always known for their unique upbeat sound, nowhere does ABBA make their reputation more clear than with this song about pursuing love. It gets in your head and stays there permanently. Not only is it one of the best ABBA songs for party people, it's one of their best, period.
- "Does Your Mother Know": It wasn't very often that male members of ABBA Bjorn Ulvaeus and Benny Andersson sang the hits, but when given the opportunity they really brought down the house with this classic pop song about forbidden love.
- "Lay All Your Love on Me": Who says party and dance music can't also be haunting? Tell that to ABBA's blonde beauty Agnetha Faltskog. Her chilling rendition of this 1981 hti lit up dance clubs at the time of its release and remains one of the best ABBA songs for party people.
- "Ring Ring": Although it's not one of the more well-known ABBA hits in the U.S. "Ring Ring" remains one of the quartet's catchiest tunes, and was largely responsible for spreading their popularity throughout Europe. In the same lineage of 1974's "So Long," this is one song that will be stuck in your head for days. It also delivers the same unflinching positivity you would come to expect from ABBA.
- "Super Trouper": The lilting vocals and the pulsating musical accompaniment make this song one of the most addictive and intoxicating of the best ABBA songs for party purposes.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs the Beard Is Just Not Working for You
You may need to grab a razor and ditch the facial fuzz.
10 Kung Fu Movies Every Man Should See
From the absolute classics to the so-bad-they're-amazing.
The Gentleman’s Guide to Tattoos
These tips from our resident expert will serve you well in the chair.