Want to know what are the 10 best A Cappella singing groups? A Cappella singing groups come in all shapes and sizes. When you think of these groups you probably picture a group of college guys dressed in khaki pants and button down shirts, but they have actually come a long way. Here are 10 of the best a cappella singing groups from all walks of life.
- Naturally 7. This group was started in New York City by two brothers. They are famous for being able to create the sounds of instruments with their voices. They have recorded several albums and travel extensively for performances.
- The House Jacks. The House Jacks are one of the original rock bands to rock it out onstage with absolutely no instruments. They perform a range of material from funk to rock and roll and ballads. They have also recorded jingles for radio stations and theme parks as well as songs for movie soundtracks.
- Straight No Chaser. This group started years ago as the typical college a cappella group, but came together again a few years ago to become a singing phenomenon. They have performed on numerous TV shows, and have a huge fan base. They are probably most known for their version of The Twelve Days of Christmas.
- Rockapella. Rockapella started their rise to fame on a PBS show called Do It A Cappella. The show was hosted by Spike Lee and was so successful that not only did the network hired them for more work, but HBO called them as well. Their success lead them to the studio to record their first album and they haven’t looked back since.
- On The Rocks. This college group was started in 1999 at the University of Oregon. It is now one of the top collegiate groups and in 2003 ranked second in the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella. They are notorious for cutting lose on stage and have recently risen to fame on the internet.
- Awaken A Cappella. As the first coed A Cappella group in Southern California Awaken has grown and enjoyed much success. They also have graduated some now famous alumni such as Sara Bareilles and Lady Danville.
- Beelzebubs. Tufts University’s male a cappella group, the Beelzebubs competed on the NBC show The Sing Off. The group has recorded 25 studio albums, and likes to perform current hits, along with songs from the past that the group has perfected since they started in the 60’s.
- 4:2: Five. A group based out of Orlando Florida, 42 Five went from being a barbershop quartet to a diverse band that performs everything from funk to rock and the classics.
- Mosaic. Mosaic is a 6 person vocal band based out of Las Vegas. They have won several vocal contests, and have been called the best vocal group out there by other accomplished vocalists. They perform everything from R and B, rock, and the classics, to jazz and even opera.
- SoCal VoCals. This coed group from the University of Southern California has won the International Championship of Collegiate A Cappella twice. They are the only group to win the competition more than once. They also participated in the NBC show The Sing Off.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …