Need to know the best acting schools in New York? If you’re trying to break into theatre, film or television there’s no better place to get your training than the concrete jungle of New York City. NYC is the home of theatre in America, as well as a popular shooting city for many television shows and films. A variable hot bed of talent, there’s no better place to get your training. To start you on your way here are the ten best acting schools in New York. And like the song says, “If you can make it here, you’ll make it anywhere!”
- New York Film Academy. Offering everything from one- and two-year conservatory programs, to MFA acting programs to eight week intensives, NY Film Academy is one of the best acting schools in New York. For as much money and time as you’d like to invest, there is something here to suit anyone’s needs! Here you will find programs focusing on acting for film and musical theatre.
- Upright Citizens Brigade Theatre. As well as having regular nightly shows, UCB also runs one of the most revered improve schools in the country. If improve acting and sketch comedy is your bag, this is the only place to go!
- Lee Strasberg Theatre and Film Institute. Focusing on Method acting, the Lee Strasberg Institute is one of the best acting schools in New York. Here you will find either a twelve-week intensive program or a one or two-year year conservatory program.
- T. Schreiber Studio. This studio is not only one of the best acting schools in New York, but also one of the most varied! You’ll find programs of all lengths and price points to suit just about anyone!
- The Barrow Group. You’ll find beginning and advanced classes that span many disciplines here. Classes are taught by some of the most respected acting teachers in all of New York!
- Stella Adler Studio of Acting. Founded in 1949, the studio has trained thousands of actors.
- American Musical and Dramatic Academy. An accredited school of the National Association of Schools and Theatre, AMDA is one of the best acting schools in New York. Both BFA and conservatory programs are offered here in both acting and musical theatre.
- New York Conservatory for Dramatic Arts. Offering programs both during the year and over the summer, NY Conservatory for Dramatic Arts is a very competitive program to get accepted to, but is one of the best acting schools in New York. Here you will find training for a career in the theatre, film or television.
- TVI Actor’s Studio. Located in midtown New York, the Actor's Studio is a fantastic school and resource for any actor. Here you will find conservatory programs, classes, workshops, lectures, and coaches that will work one-on-one.
- Circle in the Square Theatre School. Focusing on training students for work in professional theatre, film and television, this school works with both traditional and non-traditional approaches, and features a curriculum designed to support the goal of creating artists that have a strong foundation in both technique and style.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
10 Times Women Find You Incredibly Sexy
Roll up your sleeves and get to reading, gentlemen.
Meet Amber Heard, Billion-Dollar Girlfriend
Girl picks herself some winners, wallet-wise.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.