Here are the 10 best acting schools that can work wonders in the careers of actors. There are no guarantees for actors, no matter which school you select. One actor can graduate Harvard and another can graduate from a junior college in a small town; their chances of success cannot be predicted in the world of show business. Instead of basing your choice of acting schools based off of a criteria many set for other schools, such as their employment prospects upon graduation, you should only look at acting schools based on what they can teach you as an artist.
- Black Nexxus, Inc. is the number one acting studio for actors, based upon many factors, including the success of its students, the quality of the classes and the leadership of the school itself. Susan Batson, the acting coach to many stars-including Nicole Kidman, Jennifer Connelly and Keri Russell-is the head teacher and runs the school alongside her son, Carl Ford. It offers classes and private lessons for all skill levels, and it's located near Times Square in New York City.
- The New Collective LA is a wonderful acting school and learning program for beginning to advanced levels in Los Angeles, California. Its office locations provides a view of the Hollywood sign, and its instruction provides actors with a clear path to be a part of the world of Hollywood. Greg Braun is the founder and brilliant acting teacher who leads the school. The acting instruction is thorough, yet gentle and intense.
- The Stella Adler Studio in New York City teaches the work founded by Stella Adler, a legendary acting teacher to such stars as Marlon Brando and Robert DeNiro. It has a place for all levels of students, and it's a great place for students to learn who want to know what acting is all about.
- The Tisch School of the Arts of New York University offers a leading four-year program for actors on its Manhattan campus. Students are immersed in many aspects of theater and acting throughout the program, which leads to a bachelor's degree.
- The Actor's Studio is a studio that exists in New York and Los Angeles. Admission is a bit elitist and requires an audition. Few actors are admitted. Once one is admitted as a member of the Actor's Studio, however, acting classes are free as a part of the studio. It's known for great actors, such as Al Pacino.
- The Lee Strasberg Theater and Film Institute serves actors well who are interested in digging emotionally deep in the work that they do for the art of acting. Lee was the coach of Marilyn Monroe, and his teachings are among the most respected in the recent history of acting. He was also a mentor to actors and acting teachers such as Susan Batson. The institute offers programs in New York and Los Angeles.
- The Royal Academy of Dramatic Art, commonly referred to as RADA, offers students a remarkable acting education in England. It's an important school for actors who are interested in theater and getting an education abroad. Probably one of the most dually fun and intense acting schools, it's recommending only for the serious actor who is set on this as his career.
- The American Academy of Dramatic Arts offers an intense two-year program for actors. One must audition along with an application to gain admittance to this school. It has campuses in Los Angeles and New York City.
- DePaul University offers one of the best acting programs in the country. As the largest Catholic University in the United States, DePaul University offers a lot to the actor, and its location in Chicago affords actors many opportunities. Actors get a chance to have a real college experience while focusing on the art of acting in their individual programs.
- Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts in New York offers a fantastic opportunity for high school students who know that acting is what their passion is early in life. The school has been immortalized as the inspiration for both "Fame" movies and the television show.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
What Your Jeans Tell Her About You
Because for women, denim is truth serum.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”