The 10 best action adventure movies of all time are all well-known films. Some of these movies may be old, but they still hold up well many years later. Even if you have seen some of these action adventure movies before, check them out again so you can pick up on some of the little things you may have missed.
- “Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King.” The third and final movie in the series is one of the best action adventure movies of all time. Released in 2003, this movie stars Elijah Wood, Sean Astin and a host of others. To understand what is going on in this film you need to watch the first two parts of the trilogy. If you like swordplay and drama that is off the charts, this movie will not disappoint.
- “The Dark Knight.” This hit movie came out in 2008 and stars Christian Bale as the Caped Crusader. It is the sequel to “Batman Begins”, and has everything an action adventure fan wants in a movie. Make sure you watch the first film before you see this one.
- “Raiders of the Lost Ark.” The first Indiana Jones film hit theaters in 1981. Harrison Ford is at his best battling the Nazis while searching for an ancient religious artifact in this action adventure movie. Once you watch it you will certainly want to check out the other three movies in the series.
- “Star Wars.” The first of George Lucas’ six picture series is filled with action and adventure from start to finish. When this movie came out in 1977 it was years ahead of its time in the special effects department. Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher star, and all three give great performances.
- “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man’s Chest.” If you like swashbuckling pirate movies, this 2006 hit movie will keep you entertained. It is the second of three movies in the series, and is a bit better than the other two. Johnny Depp stars and gives his usual excellent performance.
- “Jurassic Park.” Sam Neill stars in this 1993 dinosaur epic. The special effects make the dinosaurs look believable, and the action is non stop. If you like jump scenes and prehistoric creatures, this action adventure movie is definitely worth a look.
- “Goldfinger.” Sean Connery stars as James Bond in the third installment of the series. This classic film came out in 1964, and is wall-to-wall action from start to finish. Fort Knox and the usual world-domination-seeking villain make this one of the best action adventure movies of all time.
- “Die Hard.” This action adventure movie stars Bruce Willis and came out in 1988. Willis is a cop who wages a one-man war against a variety of criminals in this fast-paced hit. The success of this movie led to three more sequels, but this one remains the best of the bunch.
- “The Matrix.” Keanu Reeves is the star of this 1999 action adventure film. With mind-bending special effects and a great plot, this movie is the best of the three Matrix movies. Even if you have seen it before it is still fun to watch a second time.
- “Terminator II: Judgment Day.” This action adventure sequel came out in 1991 and stars Arnold Schwarzenegger as the Terminator. The first film was great, but this movie has better action scenes and some classic Arnold lines. Check out all four of the movies in this series if you are a fan of action and adventure.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …
What Your Shoes Tell Her About You
How footwear can kick-start your dating game—or kick dirt on your grave.
10 Real-Life Heroes Who Inspired Indiana Jones
Legend has it, these guys are the real MVPs.