Want to know the 10 best action movies 2007? Let it be known: Action films in 2007 kicked butt all over the place. Seriously. From CGI thrills to stunt double spills, Hollywood worked overtime to bring audiences the most epic battles and mindless mayhem they could ever hope to stomach. In case you were floored by fight choreography or dazed by violent visual effects, here’s a recap of the best in chaos and combat in 2007.
- “Live Free or Die Hard” This forth installment in the Die-Hard series packed a punch—so much so that Bruce Willis and a stunt double were injured during filming. Guess that’s what happens when you try to limit CGI and opt for more traditional action—you get a cast and film that’s hardcore.
- “Transformers” Giant robots equal giant destruction. It’s a no-brainer, people, this film was fated to rank high on the action scale. It’s the darker version of everyone’s favorite 80’s cartoon turned ridiculously deadly when Earth becomes a battlefield for the war between Autobots and the Decepticons. If you’re in the mood for clanking metal and ground-rumbling scuffles, this is your kind of action movie, my friend.
- “The Borne Ultimatum” Matt Damon revisits his role as Jason Bourne in what amounts to one long chase scene with intense green-screen effects. The viewer is totally immersed in the action, and those who saw it in the theater know that, though you may have paid for your whole seat, you only really needed the edge of it.
- “300” This phantasmagoria of CGI and animated battles is both epic and gory and definitely not for the faint of heart. A very stylized, fictional version of the battle of Thermopylae, 300 places a heavy emphasis is on visual effects. Prepare to have your senses shocked.
- “Grindhouse” Quentin Tarantino and Robert Rodriguez give viewers not one, but two horror-based exploitation films with all the action-packed trimmings. “Planet Terror” features Rose McGowan with a gun for a leg, and “Death Proof” revolves around a murderous stunt-car driver. You get a twofer that packs twice the punch.
- “Spider-Man 3” This epic closer to the Spider Man trilogy has all the web-slinging stunts found in the previous Spidey films, but promises double the danger with two super villains: Venom and Sandman. Your Spidey senses will be tingling throughout.
- “Resident Evil: Extinction” Nothing gets adrenaline pumping like a good post-apocalyptic tale, and this third installment in the Resident Evil franchise is no exception. Set in a bleak and barren desert, plague survivors are attacked by a swarm of zombie crows as well as the regular human kind.
- “Tears of the Black Tiger” Released in the States in 2007, this Thai western film features a working-class hero turn outlaw and showcases his adventures in bandit life. His goal is to get the girl, but there are a few obstacles in his way: shootouts, treachery, and the perils of gang life, just to name a few.
- “The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford” Don’t be put off by the long title of this film, lest you miss out on gun battles and train robberies. The film offers many traditional western themes, but has a darker brooding feel to it, because, hey, it’s ultimately about an assassination.
- “Pirates of the Caribbean: At World’s End” This big-budget films pulls out all the stops with a plot that includes betrayal, treachery, and one big-ass battle. The pirates take their final stand and encounter deep-sea doom as the ocean conspires to swallow them up. Hold on tight for this wild sea ride.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
10 Things Women Expect Men to Know How To Do
To make ladies swoon or at least not cringe, you’d better be able to handle the following…
Emma Watson and Other Child Stars Who Grew Up To Be Hot
Throughout the Harry Potter film series, we've seen Emma Watson transform from a lovable child star into a burgeoning sex symbol. She's not the first actress to do so, and she cert …