Legends were made in the film industry with these top 10 actors of the 1970's. These actors played in movies that are unforgettable and still popular today on television and on DVD’s.
- John Cazale. John Cazale makes the list of top actors of the 1970’s because of the movie that made him famous, “The Godfather.” Cazale only made five movies during his acting career because of his early death of bone cancer at 42 years old. In 1975, he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for his role in “Dog Day Afternoon.”
- Marlon Brando. Brando first started his career on stage but quickly left for his passion–the big screen. His film credits are “The Godfather” and “Last Tango in Paradise." Frank Sinatra gave him the nickname "Mr. Mumbles."
- Woody Allen. Allen was both an actor and film director. In most of his films, one of the characters is an author and usually Mr. Allen himself plays the role. “Sleeper” and “Annie Hall” are two of his best-known movies.
- Al Pacino. His first film on the big screen–“The Panic in Needle Park”–brought him respect. His role as Don Michael Corleone in “The Godfather” makes him one of the top actors of the 1970's in which he won his first Oscar nomination for Best Supporting Actor. In 1979, Pacino was nominated for an Oscar for his work in “…And Justice for All”.
- Talia Shire. Shire is Francis Ford Coppola's, who directed her in “The Godfather II.” Shire was nominated for an Oscar for her role. Her famous roles of Connie Corleone and Adrian Balboa make her one of the top actors of the 1970's.
- Julie Christie. Born in India in 1941, Julie Christie was given the title of one of the top actors of the 1970's. One of her famous roles was that of Constance Miller in the film “McCabe and Mrs. Miller.”
- Diane Keaton. Lands in the list of top actors of the 1970's with roles in movies such as “The Godfather” and “Sleeper.” She made a total of eight movies with Woody Allen. In 1977, she won an Oscar for her role in “Annie Hall.”
- Clint Eastwood. Eastwood is considered to be one of the tough guys of Hollywood. The movies that put him on the map as one of the top actors of the 1970's are “Dirty Harry” and “The Outlaw Josey Wales.” Eastwood is still acting and directing today.
- Robert Redford. Robert Redford is both an actor and director. The films that put him on the list of best actors of the 1970's are “The Way We Were” and “The Sting.” He established the famous Sundance Institute for aspiring directors.
- John Travolta. Travolta first achieved fame in the 1975 series “Welcome Back, Kotter” in which he played the role of Vinnie Barbarino. In 1977, he starred in the much-acclaimed movie “Saturday Night Fever,” which lead him to be one of the top actors of the 1970's. His trademark is his cleft chin.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.