Movies about addiction can be some of the best dramas available to watch, and you can learn about the 10 best addiction movies right here. These are the best addiction movies ever made and while your list of favorites may differ, both lists probably contain at least a few of the same movies. Here is your list to learn about the best addiction movies.
- "The Boost" (1988) – This movie stars James Woods and Sean Young and is about a couple that move to California and begin to spiral down into an addiction to cocaine. It's an excellent movie that showcases a couple having it all, then losing it.
- "Candy" (2006) – This movie stars the late Heath Ledger and is about an Australian couple that get hooked on heroin and begin to lose control of their simple lives.
- "Drugstore Cowboy" (1989) – Starring Matt Dillon and Kelly Lynch, this movie shows a group of friends that get addicted to drugs and begins a life of crime to support their habit and each other.
- "Rush" (1991) – This movie stars Jennifer Jason Leigh and Jason Patric as a couple that go undercover to catch drug dealers and begin to get caught up into the drug trade and become users.
- "Requeim for a Dream" (2000) – This movie focuses on more than just heroin addiction, it also focuses on the mother's addiction to pain medication. It stars Ellen Burnstyn, Jared Leto and Jennifer Connelly as a "family" that begins a spiral into the deepest forms of addiction with devastating consequences.
- "Traffic" (2000) – This movie depicts not only drug addiction, but from other aspect, including the war on drugs. It is a unique look at the drug trade and how it affects others. It stars Michael Douglas, Benicia Del Toro and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
- "Trainspotting" (1996) – This movie is a very unique look at drug use and addiction shown in the city of Edinburgh. It was directed by Danny Boyle and stars Ewan McGregor and Jonny Lee Miller.
- "Scarface" (1983) – There can't be a list about addiction without including this epic film starring Al Pacino as a Cuban refugee that becomes a drug kingpin in the 1980's Miami.
- "Maria Full of Grace" (2004) – This movie depicts life as a drug mule. Maria is a young girl that needs money for her family in Columbia and becomes a drug mule for drug traffikers. It stars Catalina Sandino Moreno.
No matter what drug of choice are in these movies, they all depict what happens when addiction becomes out of control
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
10 Types of Tattoos Women Love
That dumb bet you lost in college? It’s actually endearing.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Russell Peters interviews entertainers about all sorts of topics, neither the drinks nor the conversation is wate …