10 Best Adventure Movies Of The '80s
To find the 10 best adventure movies of the 80’s we had to dig deep in the abyss. Some of these movies have jungle fever, while others are out of this world. Whether you want to see into the future or check out other galaxies these adventure movies of the 80’s are exactly what you are looking for.
- “Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back” This Oscar winning movie starting the 80’s out with of out of this world bang. They must save their world from the evil Darth Vader in this hit sequel.
- “Mad Max 2” After a nuclear blast a retired cop must make his way through a devastated and desolate Australia. With only one oil refinery left, a former cop must save them from a biker gang attack.
- “Raiders of the Lost Ark” Indiana Jones, a renowned archeology professor, is on a quest for The Ark of Covenant. The Ten Commandments is believed to be held in the Ark. Ancient booby traps and near death experiences keep you on the edge of your seat throughout the entire movie.
- “Star Wars: Return of the Jedi” The Ewoks help the Rebels try and restore the galaxy to freedom. A new Death Star is being built by Darth Vader and the Empire.
- “Romancing the Stone” When her sister is kidnapped, a novelist must travel to Columbia to save her. Armed with a treasure map she goes to rescue her sister only to be lost soon after she arrives.
- “The Terminator” Noted as one of the top 10 best adventure movies of the 80’s the quote “I’ll be back,” is memorable enough on its own. A cyborg and a warrior come back from the future with different agendas, one to save a woman and one to kill her.
- “Back to the Future” With then teen heartthrob Michael J. Fox in a starring role there is no wonder why this movie is on the best adventure movie list. A DeLorean is turned into a time machine and the time goes from 1985 to 1955. Arty accidentally interrupts his parents and must fix the mistake or his very existence is in danger.
- “Midnight Run” A former mafia accountant is on the run from the FBI, the Mafia, and rival Bounty Hunters. One bounty hunter, a former Chicago cop, and the accountant strike up a friendship on their race to get back to safety.
- “Never Say Never Again” A best of adventure movie list certainly wouldn’t be complete without at least one James Bond movie. The “00” section is reopened just so 007 can head to the Bahamas to recover nuclear warheads.
- “Silverado” Set in 1880 a bunch of cowboys come across the town of Silverado. Unsettled by the injustice they find, they try to return peace and harmony back to the city.