10 Best Adventure Movies Of The '90s
People have a hard time trying to choose the 10 best adventure movies of the 90's since there were so many top contenders. The decade saw muscle bound action heroes and fast talking wise guys battle villains of every kind, but after hours of research here are the best adventure movies of the decade.
- "Terminator 2: Judgement Day" (1991). Arnie is better known to youngsters as a politician but anyone old enough to sneak into R rated movies in the 90's remembers him as a action hero. The indestructible Terminator had a tough time tackling a equally tough opponent but the battle helped make it one of the best adventure movies of its time.
- "Thelma and Louise" (1991). The dastardly duo set off on a wild adventure that ended with a drive off a cliff but at least they met Brad Pitt on the way. Thelma and Louise was popular with both sexes at the movies and remains a popular adventure movie.
- "The Fugitive" (1993). Harrison Ford has made a career doing adventure movies so no surprise to see him in of the 10 best in the 90's. The veteran battled to clear his name and did some risky stunts but all is well that ends well.
- "Jurassic Park" (1993). Steven Spielberg usually looks to space for adventure but this time it came from the past. Dinosaurs ruled the Earth in this exciting 90's adventure movie and it stands out as one of the best of its genre.
- "The Matrix" (1999). This adventure movie only just made it into the 90's but easily qualifies for the top 10. Keanu Reeves wore his usual black outfit and was as weird as he always is but this complex drama kept audiences on the edge of their seats.
- "Last of the Mohicans" (1992). Daniel Day Lewis took on a more sympathetic role than we are used to seeing him in but it helped make one of the 90's best adventure movies. The Mohicans fight among themselves, fight the red coats and ultimately fight some other tribes. Classic.
- "Universal Soldier" (1992). The bulging bloke from Belgium lit up the big screen in this action filled classic. Van Damme punched, pushed and kicked his way past foes and gave Arnie a run for his money in the 90's best adventure movie battle.
- "Star Wars: Phantom Menace" (1999). This adventure picked up where Return of Jedi had left off 16 years before even though it was set before any of the movies it followed. The adventure took young Skywalker towards a journey that doesn't end well but nevertheless it is one of the best movies of the 90's.
- "Braveheart" (1995). This adventure featured those evil English fellows being mean to the Scots. Luckily for people north of the border Mel Gibson was there and with the aid of blue paint he fought them off . . . temporarily.
- "Speed" (1994). Keanu Reeves made another of the 10 best adventure movies of the 90's with Speed. The story of a bunch of people stuck with a bomb on a non-stop bus dazzled audiences and allowed us to see sexy young Sandra Bullock for the first time.