If you're looking for a great ride (without having to pay out some crazy cash), be sure to check out this list of 10 best affordable road bikes for men. While hardcore bikers can pay upwards of $5,000 for a good quality road bike, not everyone has that kind of cash to throw out on a bicycle. Here are some great alternatives for those who want to find one of the best road bikes for men.
- The Cadillac Elite Road Series RLE1.8 Road Bike: A sleek European-styled road racing bicycle, the RLE1.8 rides nice and soft but still has sharp eye-catching looks. True to the Cadillac name, it's comfort and quality that puts this one at the top of the best affordable road bikes for men. Cadillac doesn't seem to be producing any new road bikes at the moment, so grab this one on Ebay if you can find it.
- The Schwinn 700c Varsity Carbon Fiber Road Bike: While this Schwinn weighs a bit more than the more expensive road bikes, it's easy to modify if you want to increase your speed. One of the best values for the money, it may not be the best competitive bike, but it's a good one for recreational use.
- Men's Kent GMC Yukon XL Road Bike: A popular and inexpensive choice puts the GMC Yukon on the list of best affordable road bikes for men. Some customers have issues with gears and chains but, if you know your bikes, it's pretty easy to tweak and fix to your liking.
- Schwinn Katana Road Bike: The Katana is a powerful and lightweight bike that's built for speed. It also conveniently comes in two different sizes, so it's well-suited to both tall and shorter men. The average price tag of less than $400 consistently keeps it on the list of best affordable road bikes for men.
- The GMC Denali Road Bike: This isn't a very sleek bike but it's a good basic recreational road bike for someone who simply wants to get out and ride. Heavier than most of the other bikes on the market, it's sturdy but not overly swift. Still, it's one of the best affordable road bikes for men, selling for about $150.
- 2010 Tonino Lamborghini Leggenda Hybrid: What's prettier than an Aztec Gold Lamborghini bicycle? Light weight and featuring a hand-crafted, custom aluminum frame, the Leggenda is definitely a head-turner. Since it's considerably cheaper than the car, it makes its way onto the list of best affordable road bikes for men.
- The Schwinn 2010 Le Tour: The Schwinn Le Tour series makes its way onto the list of best affordable road bikes for men with several choices, ranging from $700-$2,000. While they may not be the elite choice, Schwinn makes a good sturdy bike.
- The Schwinn Varsity Road Bike: Averaging about $230, the Schwinn Varsity is a popular choice amongst those who want a fairly quick bike but don't want to pay out a lot of cash. It's definitely one of the more affordable road bikes for men.
- The Airborne Valkyrie 700c Road Bike: Considered to be one of the best affordable road bikes for men, the Valkyrie seems to be one of the best bikes to be found for under $1,000. Lightweight and stylish, it's perfect for a smooth and fun ride.
- Fuji Finest AL: Quality and comfort put Fuji on the map and the Finest AL has certainly earned its place as one of the best affordable road bikes for men. It shifts nice, rides smooth and it has a frame that's lightweight but sturdy. What's not to love?
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
Made Man Food Shows
We all love great food—and the people who make it! Our culinary video series introduces you to the country's best chefs and experts, so you can become one yourself. Pull up a chair …