Looking for the 10 best alternative songs of all time? Well, this article will provide you with the best of alternative songs. Alternative music isn't considered 'rock' all the time because of the simple fact that the lyrics are usually very powerful and the instrumentals are different in many ways. While screaming music is great when you're angry, alternative songs make you feel and hear the emotion behind the songs.
- 'Wonderwall' – Oasis. Oasis came about in the early 90s, and "Wonderwall" made them famous. This is one of the most famous songs of the 90's and definitely one of the best alternative songs of all time.
- 'Come as You Are' – Nirvana. Nirvana set the stage for grunge artists out there, but "Come as You Are" was another 90's alternative song that made it big time. This song is amazing whether it's the airplay version or the acoustic version.
- 'Yellow' – Coldplay. Coldplay is a very alternative band, but their breakthrough song was "Yellow" and people saw stars when they listened to this alternative song. It has amazing instrumentals and amazing lyrics to go along with it.
- 'Good Riddance' – Green Day. This is another alternative song that makes for the ages. This song is not only played at every graduation but every timeless party throughout the USA. Everybody seems to love Green Day and more importantly this alternative song.
- 'Today' – Smashing Pumpkins. Alternative songs in the 90's was all the rage, and Smashing Pumpkins came out with a killer sound and a killer alternative song that is now a timeless song to listen to. This is definitely a keeper for any iPod.
- 'Numb' – Linkin Park. Linkin Park is one of the best alternative bands out there, mainly because they were fresh and new. This band didn't see the purpose in hiding their true feelings or emotional lyrics. "Numb" charts the list of the best alternative songs simply because everyone can relate to this song.
- 'Seven Nation Army' – The White Stripes. Nothing says alternative more than Jack White's guitar skills. This song is a hardcore symbol of alternative music at it's best.
- 'The Middle' – Jimmy Eat World. Everybody loves a little Jimmy Eat world. This alternative song is not only upbeat but very enjoyable and fun to listen to. This is great for rainy days and driving music.
- 'Hang Me Up To Dry' – Cold War Kids. Not many people know about this alternative song, but those who do love it. This song gives out a summery chilled out vibe that is amazingly feel good music.
- 'Everyday Is The Same' – Nine Inch Nails. While NIN isn't really accepted as being 'alternative,' this song definitely fits into the category. This song is amazing. The vocals are great, the lyrics are great and the instrumentals are amazing.
Former Top Chef contestant Kenny Gilbert is the next subject of our Chef Rock series, a look at the music that influence ...
Why is everyone singing like a college acapella dorkus all of a sudden?