The 10 best American built sedans are not only reliable and long lasting, but affordable too. Car manufacturers are constantly updating their technology and improving speed and crash resistant vehicles.
- Dodge Avenger. This American built sedan gets 21 miles per gallon in the city and 30 on the highway. The Dodge Avenger is a mid-sized sedan, and although the media ranks it low on the best cars overall, we give it first place because of its safety, sleek exterior and performance.
- Ford Fusion. The Ford Fusion is another one of the best American built sedans because of its safety, reliability and performance ratings. It gets 22 miles per gallon in the city and 31 out on the highway.
- Chevrolet Aveo. A small car with big ratings, the Chevrolet Aveo is an excellent example of American built sedans for the money. Priced at about $13,000 and loaded with features like fuel savings and safety, this is a safe and economical choice for families.
- Chevy Cruze. Chevy promises that the Cruze has fuel economy comparable to hybrid models. A smaller example of American built sedans, Chevy says that the car will deliver mid-sized space in the small vehicle.
- Buick LaCrosse. An affordable mid-sized American built sedan, the Buick LaCrosse has an interior that resembles a Lexus and rates a 9.9 out of 10 for safety, according to "U.S. News and World Report."
- Buick Lucerne. Another model by the American sedan manufacturer Buick, the Lucerne is considered a large sedan, but has high ratings for reliability.
- Nissan Altima. One of the best American built sedans on the market, the Nissan Altima has better gas mileage than previous models and has earned an above-average safety rating from Consumer Reports.
- Hyundai Elantra SE. The Hyundai Elantra SE is another one of the American built sedans that impresses most drivers. Its comfortable, gets good gas mileage and is quiet. The cost is under $19,000 making it a great bargain without sacrificing safety.
- Chevrolet Cobalt. The Chevrolet Cobalt is one of the best American built sedans because of its excellent fuel economy and reliability. This car also has great safety features and is easy on the wallet.
- Ford Focus. Another Ford vehicle that is considered one of the best American built sedans is the Focus. The car gets 35 miles per gallon on the highway and ranks highly for safety. The seats are comfortable and the price isn't bad, either.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Acting, comedy and strong spirits converge in Speakeasy. When host Paul F. Tompkins interviews entertainers—Key and Peele, Alison Brie, Rob Delaney, Zach Galifianakis—about all sor …
21 Fantastic Facts About Ronda Rousey
This trivia’s like her fights: quick and jarring.
21 Hairstyles Women Love
Female experts reveal the ’dos that drive them wild.