10 Best American Pickup Trucks
The endless debate among guys tends to be the Ford versus Chevy debates so take a look at these 10 best American pickup trucks. Many guys will only consider buying one brand of truck. There are numerous trucks on the market that are worth buying, and these are the ten best American pickup trucks.
- "Chevy Silverado 1500" - The Ford F-150 still outsells the Chevy Silverado, but the Chevy Silverado is the best American pickup truck. A truck is inherently designed to be a workhorse and not simply a stylish car with a bed. When looking at pickup trucks solely for use as a work truck, such as pulling and hauling, the Ford F-150 does not come close to the Chevy Silverado 1500.
- "Ford F-150" - If you want a truck that can be used as a workhorse, yet also has numerous options available and great styling, then you may choose the Ford F-150. The F-150 is consistently the top selling pickup and for good reason, it is a great truck with awesome styling that is timeless.
- "Chevy Silverado 1500 Hybrid" - Some of the characteristics of a workhorse pickup truck have been removed from the Hybrid version of the Silverado 1500, but it is still a true pickup. You will pay about $2,000 extra for the Hybrid version and it will only boost your fuel mileage to about 21 MPG, but if you drive a lot you can easily recoup the extra cost for the hybrid by having to buy less fuel.
- "Dodge Ram 1500" - This is one of the best pickups you can buy. The Dodge Ram is a true work truck that can also be used as a daily driver.
- "GMC Sierra 1500" - The GMC Silverado is very similar to the Silverado 1500, but can often be bought for less money.
- "GMC Sierra 2500" - When you need a work truck that can take the rigors of daily hauling and towing, then the GMC Sierra 2500 is the top choice.
- "Dodge Dakota"- The Dodge Dakota is essentially a larges sized small pickup or a small sized medium pickup depending on how you want to view it. The downfall with the Dodge Dakota is that the gas mileage is poor for a small sized pickup. The fuel mileage is similar to what many full sized pickups get. The Dodge Dakota still makes the list of the ten best American made pickups because it is very reliable, and often times, a smaller pickup will be able to provide you with exactly the size you need for hauling.
- "GMC Canyon" - The GMC Canyon is virtually identical to the Chevy Colorado, but the GMC Canyon is a better choice. Although the trucks are virtually identical, there is more demand for the Chevy Colorado and this means you can get better deals when buying a GMC Canyon. You can buy the GMC Canyon with a four cylinder engine for better fuel economy, but if you plan on towing a boat then you will need to upgrade to one of the larger engines.
- "Ford Ranger" - The Ford Ranger has remained relatively the same each year with few major upgrades, but it is a consistent seller. The Ford Ranger is not the most powerful small pickup or the most stylish, but it is very reliable. If you need a reliable small pickup that gets relatively good fuel economy for a small truck then take a look at the Ford Rangers.
- "Ford Super Duty" - The Ford Super Duty is the choice for people when they need a pickup truck for work and or heavy hauling. The Ford Super Duty line is designed to be a workhorse. You will not get good fuel mileage, but it will be able to tow and haul most things you can throw at it.