10 Best Angry Break Up Songs
After you've been dumped, chances are you're looking for the 10 best angry break up songs that will sum up how you feel. Breaking up with someone often leaves a lot of unresolved emotions, and this can often turn to anger. Listening to some great angry break up songs can help you vent and work through some of those feelings. Here are some of the best angry break up songs to help you past the rough times.
- "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morisette: Alanis is the queen of angry women and "You Oughta Know" is a great example of the power behind her lyrics. This is one of the best angry break up songs for a cheater or for the one who moved on and left you broken-hearted.
- "Song For the Dumped" by Ben Folds Five: With lyrics like "Gimme my money back, you bitch," you know this has to be one of the best angry break up songs for men who've been told that their girlfriends "need some space." The piano, drum and guitar solos in this are pretty awesome too.
- "Shut Up" by Black Eyed Peas: This is one of those great angry break up songs that can be used either for telling someone that you've had enough, or for reaffirming your reasons and reassuring yourself that you're better off without that weight around your neck.
- "Don't Come Around Here No More" by Tom Petty: Have you ever split with someone but then, everywhere you look, they're there? This is one of the best angry break up songs to tell someone that you're over them, that you're sick of them, or to just generally tell them to get lost.
- "The One I Love" by REM: This was a commonly dedicated "love song" back when it was first released in the 80's. Amusingly, few people listened to the lyrics beyond the chorus. With lines like "This one goes out to the one I love; a simple prop to occupy my time," this is one of the best angry break up songs to tell someone you don't care.
- "Good Will Hunting By Myself" by Ludo: This is one of the funniest and best angry break up songs to ever be released. Telling the tale of a man who gets dumped by his girlfriend and his desire to show her how much he doesn't need her and how little she mattered, everyone who's ever been dumped is sure to relate.
- "I Won't Cry (Fuck You 2)" by Bif Naked: This is one of those angry break up songs that anyone who's ever been dumped would love to sing to their ex. It pretty much sums up all the raw hurt and anger that comes with such a letdown. Delivered in a rocking ballad style, this is an irresistible tune.
- "Gives You Hell" by All American Rejects: It's common to try and show your ex how much better you're doing without them, when you've been dumped. "Gives You Hell" is a great angry break up song that executes this move. It's the perfect rock anthem for the dumped.
- "She Hates Me" by Puddle of Mudd: This is one of the best angry break up songs for a user. If you've ever had a girl who uses you and tosses you away, this is a great tune to chant along with.
- "Broken Hearts Are For" by Frank Zappa: Leave it to Frank Zappa to give us the truth. Singing "Broken hearts are for assholes," this is one of the best angry break up songs to tell someone they are better off without that ex and to move on. This even works for the ladies!