The type of person you are will determine what you think the ten best angry love songs are. They could be a sarcastic ode to a former lover, a heart wrenching ballad about the one that got away, or a full on rock opera dedicated to that special ex- someone. What makes the best angry love songs are the way we connect with them as the listener.
- "You Oughta Know" by Alanis Morissette. A vitriolic rock song that introduced the Canadian songstress to the world and paved the way for many more sound-a-likes, this is one of the ten best angry love songs ever made. This is the sound of a good relationship gone sour.
- "Pray For You" by Jaron and The Long Road. On the surface it sounds like a lilting country love song to the one that got away, but listen a bit deeper and you will realize it is nothing of the sort. This is one of the ten best angry love songs thanks to lyrics about praying for tires to blow out and engines to stall.
- "Heartbreak Warfare" by John Mayer. With references to bombs and having the knife twisted again, this is another song that sounds mellow but is actually an angry song simmering below the surface of sublime melodies. One of the best songs of 2010 and one of the ten best angry love songs.
- "One I Love" by R.E.M. Don't be fooled by the title, this is easily one of the ten best angry love songs ever written. A dynamic guitar introduction and spiteful lyrics propel the song along and have made it one of R.E.M.'s best known.
- "Anything But Down" by Sheryl Crow. A bitter song for the unappreciated, the chorus says it all. Sheryl Crow has written many great songs, and with this she has written one of the ten best angry love songs.
- "Who Knew" by Pink. A hit song for Pink and one of the ten best angry love songs written in recent years. This song replays the anger felt over a breakup.
- "This Ain't A Love Song" by Scouting For Girls. The title explains what the song is all about, dealing with the loss of a lover but not wanting them back. One of the ten best angry love songs put to a deceptively up beat tune.
- "Landed" by Ben Folds. A minor theme put to major chords, this song is about escaping a broken relationship. Its sharp lyrics and brutal honesty make it one of the ten best angry love songs ever written.
- "Case Of You" by Joni Mitchell. This is a heartbreaking ballad about the breakdown of love into something bitter. Joni Mitchell's trademark lyrical imagery conjures up a dark and brooding picture. Simply one of the ten best angry love songs ever.
- "Intermittently" by Barenaked Ladies. Similar to the "One I Love" in lyrical style, the protagonist confesses his love for someone only to say he loves her intermittently and that someone else is already on his mind. Smart lyrics sung in a bittersweet tone make this one of the ten best angry love songs.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
6 Signs She Wants You to Come Talk to Her at the Bar
These not-so-subtle hints mean legit interest—and time for action.
The 7 Best Exercises to Build Arms That Turn Heads
Because who doesn’t want wicked big guns?
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.