Millions of people travel from around the world to witness 10 best annual events in Australia. It’s largest city, Sydney, is well known for its beautiful harbor and hosts some of the world's best annual events. Australia and Tasmania were inhabited by 250 individual nations 40,000 years before Europeans settled there. The continent holds historical as well as cultural importance for visitors and numerous seasonal and annual events are held to entertain the tourist populace. Below are listed ten of the best annual events in Australia.
- Australia Day. One of the best annual events in Australia is the official National Day of Australia that falls on the 26th of January. Nominations such as Order of Australia and Australian of the Year mark the ceremony. A whole afternoon and evening filled with entertaining activities attract people of Bathurst. Bicentennial Park: Lower William street, Bathurst NSW 2795.
Golden Slipper Festival. This event is adorned because of being held in the riches day of Australia, the AAMI Golden Slipper Day. Horse race and a multitude of other activities are held at Rose Hill gardens, Parramatta.
- Big Day Out Music Festival. This is Australia's most reputed festivity. It is an international touring music festival, showcasing singing groups from all over the world. Perth Claremont Showgrounds: Aukland, Sydney.
- Melbourne Cup Carnival. The Emirates Melbourne Cup is a major international event. It is justifiably called the carnival of all sporting events of Australia. It's popularity brings the region to a standstill for any other activity. 448 Epsom Rd, Flemington, Victoria 3031.
- The Royal Adelaide Show. It is south Australia's biggest annual event. Nine days of fun filled carnival rides, livestock showcase and Australian cuisine. Another attraction is a grand parade and fireworks. Adelaide Showgrounds: Goodwood Rd Wayville SA 5034.
- Brisbane Festival. Three weeks of exciting events,catch the eye of people with a taste for finer arts. Music, theatricals, dancing and visual effects make the festival a success. Brisbane city: Queensland,4000.
- The Australian Gran Prix. A formula one racing car festival that takes about four days. Albert park is transformed into an international level racing track for these days. Grand prix also hosts six other racing categories. Albert Park: Melbourne, Victoria.
- Autumn at the Canberra Balloon Festival. This is a festival held in March. Colors of the fall are complimented by colorful balloons floating the clear skies of the city. The lawns in front of old parliament house, Canberra.
- Orange F.O.O.D Week. Orange is commonly called Australia's color city, because of it's seasonal colors. Ten days of savoury food displays, gives an opportunity to taste Australia's best flavors and meet new people. Orange show grounds, Sydney.
- Flickerfest. Well known as Sydney’s first beach side open-air cinema, the Flickerfest features short films. This annual event is a showcase of artistic performances presented by Australia’s only academy. Snacks and drinks are supplied for audience accessibility. Bathurst Memorial Entertainment Center: 105 William Street. Bathurst, NSW, 2795.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Brace Yourself for the Most Overrated Wrestlers of All Time
Let the outrage begin!