10 Best Annual Events In New York City
Need to know the 10 best annual events in New York City? Are you taking a trip to New York and want to get involved? No matter what time of year it is there is always an exciting event to go to in the Big Apple. Here are the 10 best annual events in New York City.
- New Years Eve in Times Square. New Years Eve in Times Square is one of the best annual events in New York City. It’s a great place to begin the year and be where the action is. A once-in-a-lifetime experience.
- Toy Expo. In February the Toy Expo comes to town. This is a fun annual event in New York City. It’s an exciting weekend to go play and test some new toys out. It’s a weekend to be a kid again.
- Tribeca Film Festival. The Tribeca Film Festival is another great annual event in New York City. It’s a two-week independent film event in the Tribeca area, usually around April or May. It’s a big event so it's best to get tickets early.
- Midsummer Nights Swing. Midsummer Nights Swing is a hot annual summer event in New York City. Summertime up at Lincoln Center for 25 days becomes a great place to dance salsa, swing, disco, tango and many more. Get there early to take group dance lessons and then practice those new moves the rest of the night.
- Shakespeare in the Park. Shakespeare in the Park is a starry annual event in New York City in the summertime. Go see some great plays in the park under the stars for free. Get in line early for tickets, it's totally worth it.
- Street Fair. Street Fair is another fun summer annual event in New York City. The Street Fairs are placed each weekend on different avenues in Manhattan, so depending where you are, one of those weekends the Street Fair should come to you.
- NYC Underground Comedy Festival. The NYC Underground Comedy Festival is an entertaining and fun annual event in New York City. Come see major stand-up comedians and be prepared to laugh.
- ING New York Marathon. The ING New York Marathon is a great annual event in New York. Come out in the beautiful fall weather to support and cheer on all the runners who are running to accomplish 26.2 miles.
- Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. Nothing says Thanksgiving more than the Macy’s Thanksgiving Parade. If you come to New York City around Thanksgiving this is a must-see annual event. It’s a once in a lifetime event to experience.
- Rockefeller Christmas Tree Lighting. Again, if you are in New York City around Thanksgiving, the Rockefeller Christmas Tree Lighting is an amazing annual event. Come see the lighting of the tree, a beautiful sight to see. Get there early to get a good spot; it might be a long wait but it's totally worth it.
Now you know some great annual events in New York City. No matter what time of year you come you know there is something fun and unique to do. So come and enjoy the Big Apple!