What are the ten best annual events in Ohio? There are many popular happenings throughout the Buckeye State each year. There is certainly an activity for every season, if you know where to visit.
- Taste of Cincinnati is known as one of the largest taste style street fairs in the United States. The free, annual event held downtown in Cincinnati’s Fountain Square area features many restaurants, vendors, live entertainment and family oriented activities. The location is convenient to many hotels—and within walking distance to the Great American Ballpark, should the Cincinnati Reds be in town.
- Red White and Boom is billed as the biggest and best Independence Day fireworks celebration in the Midwest by promoters. The annual event is held near the fourth of July in downtown Columbus. With masses of food vendors, live entertainment, and a firework display choreographed to a musical score by a local radio station, Red White and Boom is a must attend Fourth of July celebration.
- The Columbus Jazz & Rib Festival happens every July in the capitol city’s popular Arena District. The annual event features famous rib burners and popular jazz headliners throughout the festival. The free festival is sponsored by the Columbus Parks and Recreation department and offers many family friendly activities and special events.
- Twins Day Festival in Twinsburg is one of the more unique annual events in Ohio. The festival takes place every year during the first full weekend of August to celebrate multiples and their families. Twins, triplets, quads and larger sets of both identical or fraternal multiples, and their families, are invited to register for special activities and admission to the festival. However, the general public is only invited to the festival during Saturday and Sunday of the gathering.
- The Dublin Irish Festival is a must attend annual event in Ohio. With record attendance levels, the festival attracts tens of thousands to the Central Ohio city of Dublin each August for Irish music, food, dancing, and a showing of heritage. The event does require an admission fee, but visitors can expect great music headliners and a large scale Irish cultural experience.
- The Ohio State Fair brings in fair fans from throughout the state and beyond. Each day of the fair brings about new activities and special events including concerts from well known musical groups and entertainers. Loads of vendors, rides and food welcome attendees each year.
- The Renaissance Fair in Harveysburg draws fans annually from September through mid-October. Costumed performers hold nearly 100 daily performances throughout the fair—all in keeping with the Renaissance time period. Attendees can experience jousting, pirates and the always popular “Mud Show” as well as the Renaissance Fair food. Tickets are required for the south-western Ohio event.
- The Haunted Prison Experience at the Ohio Reformatory in Mansfield is one of Ohio’s best Halloween, scare adventures. The northern Ohio Reformatory is well known for its overnight ghost hunts, ghost walk tours, and paranormal investigations. During the weeks surrounding Halloween, the former prison is transformed into a haunted house.
- The Circleville Pumpkin Show. Circleville, a town of around 12,000 residents, hosts the popular event which showcases everything pumpkin, every fall. Visitors are welcomed to the free festival with parades, vendor filled streets, and some of the largest pumpkins imaginable entered into the annual pumpkin contest!
- Nature lovers enjoy the Hocking Hills Annual Winter Hike. Held in the eastern Ohio Hocking Hills region, the Annual Winter Hike provides the opportunity to explore the frozen waterfalls, caves, and scenic landscaping of the area in the off-season winter months. Hikers receive small group tours of various attractions, lunch and a variety of activities centering on the nature hike.
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
15 Women Confess the One Thing They’d Never Admit to T...
"I masturbate any opportunity I get when he is not home.”
Sarah Huckabee Sanders Dropped a Whopper, but It’s Not One o...
Prep for these fibs. Ladies will thank you, and that’s the truth.
Do This Surprising Thing and Science Says Women Will Be All ...
No, it's not "buy a Ferrari."