In Hollywood there are plenty of actresses for movie producers to choose from, including the ten best Asian actresses. Some of them you may have never heard of others are well known. Even though Hollywood does not have a ton of Asian actresses to choose from, we still got off our lazy butts and made a list of the 10 best Asian actresses. Here they are:
- Lucy Liu became known for her role on "Ally McBeal" (1998 to 2002) and rose to fame by staring in the "Charlie’s Angels" films. She has also starred in the "Kill Bill: Vol 1" and the critically acclaim "Chicago" musical as Kitty Baxter. Lucy Liu is one of the few Asian actresses who did not start her career in the Chinese film industry.
- Gong li despite not appearing in many Hollywood movies, Gong Li has established herself as one of the best Asian actress in Hollywood. Her well known roles have been the critically acclaim "Memoirs of a Geisha" and "Curse of the Golden Flower." She has also starred in the latest Hannibal film, "Hannibal Rising."
- Sandra Oh is the second actress on this list who has only acted in Hollywood along with Lucy Liu. Sandra Oh is known for her role in the critically acclaim film "Sideways." She is also known for roles in "Under the Tuscan Sun" and for her small appearance in the "Princess Diaries."
- Michele Yeoh is one of the few Asian actresses to have the chance to star in a James Bond movie, "Tomorrow New Dies." It is also one of her more famous roles. She, along with our number two actress Gong Li, costarred in "Memoirs of a Geisha." Yeoh has also starred in "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon." In 2008, Rotten Tomatoes ranked her as the greatest action heroine of all time.
- Zhan Ziyi is one of Hollywood’s up and coming Asian actresses. Remember that crazy girl who wouldn’t die in "Rush Hour 2?" That’s her. She has also starred in "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon," "House of the Flying Dragon," and stared with Michele Yeoh and Gong Li in "Memoirs of a Geisha." Did that movie cast every good Asian actress they could find?
- Kelly Hu the former fashion model is number six on our list of the best Asian actresses. She is well known for her roles in "The Scorpion King" and "Cradle to the Grave."
- Tia Carrere is most known for her work in "Wayne’s World" and "Wayne’s World 2."
Grace Park is one of the few actresses on this list who does not have a substantial film career. However, what she does have is a substantial TV career starring in the sci-fi series "Battlestar Glactica."
- Linda Park is most known who her work on the "Star Trek: Enterprise" television series.
- Vunjin Kim is the final actress on our list, who is well known for her role on "Lost."
What Others Are Reading Right Now.
How to Turn (Almost) Every Lady’s Head
Top female stylists share their favorite men’s looks.
6 Things You Think Your Girlfriend Cares About But She Doesn...
Guys, it may be time to refocus your efforts.
10 Red Flags That Kill Your Chances With Women
Wondering why that first date didn’t lead to a second? Read on.